ok well im in the market for a new guitar but have no clue on what to get. First of all i wanted to get a normal epi but after thinking about i wanted something a little bit better that would last me. So i moved on to the elitist range, but as it seems they are pretty much impossible to get in Australia and with all the taxes i would be paying to get it in the country it was pointless. So really i have no clue. My budget is around $1,500 Aud and im willing to buy used.
Any help would be awsome
oh and i usually play classic rock such as zeppelin, gnr, acdc and some modern stuff like nickelback
try and find someone in australia who has a elitist used? or get someone traveling to the states and back to pick it up for you?
Quote by tona_107
try and find someone in australia who has a elitist used? or get someone traveling to the states and back to pick it up for you?

elitist are very rare here and i dont no anyone who lives in the states or will be going there anytime soon.
well i tried. i think the pope is coming soon, get him to bring one. in all seriousness though look for a esp lp the more expensive ones are known for being good. this one isn't bad,http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629, but it has emg pickups which many may consider to be a downside, as would i for your styles. sorry if i haven't helped much at all.
Try a Music man. They're pretty good and used ones are affordable. Or even a Gibson Les Paul. or as said before an ESP.
Quote by Sphinx1992
Try a Music man. They're pretty good and used ones are affordable. Or even a Gibson Les Paul. or as said before an ESP.

ts can't afford a good gibson, and as a respectable UG frequenter, i wouldn't in clear conscience recommend him a studio.
Quote by Sphinx1992

i have been looking on ebay and i could get a gibson les paul studio for a resonable price. NOt a great deal of colours to choose from tho
Studios suck, don't buy a gibson just for the name.
ESP LTD EC series makes awesome LP copies, the EC-400VF looks like a classic les paul and has versatile pickups.
I don't know why everybody here hates on Studios, I dunno if it's because the ones they've played were ****ty, or what. Just because people buy Studios doesn't mean their buying it "just for the Gibson name". I bought mine cause it's a good guitar, but was a tad bit cheaper at the time. I love it. Granted, I put SD Alnico II's in it, but it was still awesome before them. They are overpriced now, i'll give you that, but you can find some good deals on used one. Now get ready for some people to call me an idiot for suggesting a Studio, but whatever.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

do you have family in north america? if so get them to order it off guitar center/musicians friend and then get them to ship it to you?
According to an online currency converter, you have £728.70 to spend. Which is a lot of money, and if you buy carefully, will get you an absolutely stonking professional guitar. In this price range- avoid Gibson. Does it have to be a Les Paul? I'm assuming so at the moment, since all the talk has been of LPs, even though you never specified in your opening post. Anyway, I myself have a 2003 Korean-made Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a 2005 USA-made Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition, and have played many LP variants and derivatives.

At this stage, I'd pretty much give up on getting an Elitist. There was another thread and some guy found out that Elitists are only for Japan, from now on. You may be able to get hold of one, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket. So, assuming you can't get an Epiphone Elitist, here's some brands to look into.. ESP, Yamaha, Ibanez, Godin, there's bound to be others, but those are off the top of my head. People rave about Agiles, but at your budget you want to be shooting higher, really. You could get a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but in your price range, I would avoid Gibson like the plague. The quality on their much more expensive models is often suspect, so I wouldn't even touch a Studio.

Sounds a bit silly, but it's worth mentioning- the old pre-2004 Epiphones (not Elitists) which were made in Korea are higher quality than the current ones (which are made in China). They're not especially valued higher because of this, so you can really grab yourself a bargain if you get an older Epiphone pre-owned. You'd have tons and tons of change spare to buy pickups, change the tuners (though I've never had to do either on mine), buy pedals, get an amp or whatever. If you can get an ESP Eclipse with passive pickups, that'd also be a really great choice.

For Yamaha, look into the AES range, for Ibanes, look into their Artcore range. For Godin, look into the Solidac range, etc. Oh, and goldtop, you say?

ESP LTD EC-400 Archtop