hi
i have a wifi link usb adapter plugged into my desktop computer and i am trying to connect to it via my laptop.. we are picking the signal up from the computer but it is restricting our access to the internet.. anyone know how we can fix this problem?
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Do you have protection on it? usually a WEP key. U need to enter the WEP key on your laptop to gain access to the network.
I Have the same problem
and theres not security on it
=========

Nathnialm

====
Quote by clement1
Do you have protection on it? usually a WEP key. U need to enter the WEP key on your laptop to gain access to the network.

Shut up

Quote by BFMVrrule
hi
i have a wifi link usb adapter plugged into my desktop computer and i am trying to connect to it via my laptop.. we are picking the signal up from the computer but it is restricting our access to the internet.. anyone know how we can fix this problem?

What you're trying to do is set up an ad-hoc network, which is a network between two computers without a router. On the desktop do this tutorial is straight forward if your using XP on both machines, if using Vista, go Start > Connect to and follow the instructions for setting up an Ad-Hoc network.

Then use this tutorial for enabling the sharing of the internet on the desktop computer.

Then just connect to your new network with your laptop. In the long term though, it would be easier to buy a wireless router with a modem built in.