just wondering, while my amp is still on, I unplug and change guitars alot, can it hurt my amp? it's 15w tube amp

Also I angled my amp putting a think book under it so I can hear it better, it won't do anything bad right?

Finally, when would I know I need to change my valves? when I notice the volume fades away?

Thanks in advance
when one of your valves dont light up you change that one, unplugging guitars with the lead still in the amp wont hurt it, and a book wont change sod all.
Only if your changing guitar at high volumes, the popping noise can wreck the speaker
Yep, the popping noise is bad for the speaker. I don't think angling your amp is bad as long as it doesn't fall over.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
well I guess il just turn off the volume when I do that...

Thanks guys
Quote by Jasdebi
well I guess il just turn off the volume when I do that...

Thanks guys

That's what you do or pull the plug off the amp.
Aswell as hurting your speakers at high volulems it can hurt any effects you have... or so the manuals say
A neat thing to do is to use a Stomp Tuner (like Boss TU-2) to mute the sound to the amp and then change guitars. Most stomp tuners will mute your guitar when you put them into "tuner" mode. Of course you can also check the tuning of your "replacement" guitar at the same time.

As far as leaning you amp...you could loose some bass response since bass frequencies reasonate from amp, through floor. This is probably not a big deal with a 15 watt practive amp session. You could also try an amp stand placed near a wall, if done well, could produce some wall generated bass freq's and lesson the chance of your amp tumbling over.

Quote by Jasdebi
just wondering, while my amp is still on, I unplug and change guitars alot, can it hurt my amp? it's 15w tube amp

Also I angled my amp putting a think book under it so I can hear it better, it won't do anything bad right?

Finally, when would I know I need to change my valves? when I notice the volume fades away?

Thanks in advance