From www.thisdayinmusic.com

July 6th In 1957, John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time at The Woolton Church Parish Fete where The Quarry Men were appearing. As The Quarry Men were setting up for their evening performance, McCartney eager to impress Lennon picked up a guitar and played ‘Twenty Flight Rock’ (Eddie Cochran) and ‘Be-Bop-A-Lula’ (Gene Vincent). Lennon was impressed, and even more so when McCartney showed Lennon and Eric Griffiths how to tune their guitars, something they'd been paying someone else to do for them.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
next year, it will be 52 years ago!

Why the hell aren't you co-ordinating spacefilght at NASA? Your a genius!
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
The Beatles are the most over rated thing ever.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
It was 51 years ago today... Something grew inside your mother....

THAT THING WAS YOU!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
The Beatles suck

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You'd think I care, being from Liverpool, but my dad and my mates give me alot of stick for hating the Beatles, I mean come on, they were influenial, I get that, but to me their music was utte shite!
Even better, the Damned made their debut at the 100 Club in 1976 today
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
This news deserves a big fat MEH.
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Quote by Punkismygod
I miss lennon

How can you miss Lennon if you're like 14/15?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD

If you're 14/15, then you missed Lennon by like 13/14 years or something.

EDIT: It;s also worth adding, because all the hippy wannabes will hate me for it...
Mark Chapman sure as hell didn't miss him.
Yea, I went there.
Quote by mrbungle50221

That's nirvana and trivium.
Why do people always feel the need to voice their opinion when it's obviously not wanted?

Okay, there's a fact about the beatles. Beatles fans will care. Move on.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by bassboy 999
That's nirvana and trivium.

Really? I didnt think anyone liked Trivium
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Rocker_69
Why do people always feel the need to voice their opinion when it's obviously not wanted?

Okay, there's a fact about the beatles. Beatles fans will care. Move on.

Sweeping statements FTW!

Quote by CTFOD

How can you criticize him if YOUR only 14/15?
..And thus began the most over-rated band in history.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
They didnt know how to tune a guitar... wow. that is just miserable. and the fact they paid someone to do it makes it even more sad.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

1. I'm 16
2. I'm not criticising, 'miss' implies that he knew him, or knew/liked him while he was still alive, so since he's never met him, or was around at the same point, he can't miss him.

I know I probably ****ed up the point I was trying to make, but still...

EDIT: And how can you criticise me if YOUR only 15, July 21st boy?!?!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
1. I'm 16
2. I'm not criticising, 'miss' implies that he knew him, or knew/liked him while he was still alive, so since he's never met him, or was around at the same point, he can't miss him.

I'm 16. I think Lennon was great and I think his musical influence would have continued to make music better than it is today.

OH LORDZ NOEZ I MIZZ SUM1 I DIDNT KNEW!
Quote by 'Leviathan'
How can you criticize him if YOU'RE only 14/15?

Fixed, no need to thank me
Quote by mrbungle50221

+2
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Because I can go into pretty much any music shop in the world, get a Beatles record, put it on and go

"my God thats $hit!!"

I didnt have to know them to realise that singing about walruses and stawberry fields etc is utter tripe

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by CTFOD
1. I'm 16

EDIT: And how can you criticise me if YOUR only 15, July 21st boy?!?!

Because I can.
The beatles were awesome, but IMO john lennon's solo work was better.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
first thing I thought of when I read the title:

"It was twenty years ago today...Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play..."
Quote by Mudbugclub
From www.thisdayinmusic.com

July 6th In 1957, John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time at The Woolton Church Parish Fete where The Quarry Men were appearing. As The Quarry Men were setting up for their evening performance, McCartney eager to impress Lennon picked up a guitar and played ‘Twenty Flight Rock’ (Eddie Cochran) and ‘Be-Bop-A-Lula’ (Gene Vincent). Lennon was impressed, and even more so when McCartney showed Lennon and Eric Griffiths how to tune their guitars, something they'd been paying someone else to do for them.

Heh, I've held onto a piece of the floorboards from the room that they met in. A Beatles collector came to our school one day for our history class... Had Lennon's report card from like grade 10, a guitar pick (the squared off one), a whole bunch of paintings and memorabelia, a scrapbook of stuff worth a combined like half million dollars, a signed card with the Beatles phone numbers and a couple of addresses etc...

It was pretty neat.
Quote by mrbungle50221

I think gene simmons would find this statement rather insulting.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Heh, I've held onto a piece of the floorboards from the room that they met in. A Beatles collector came to our school one day for our history class... Had Lennon's report card from like grade 10, a guitar pick (the squared off one), a whole bunch of paintings and memorabelia, a scrapbook of stuff worth a combined like half million dollars, a signed card with the Beatles phone numbers and a couple of addresses etc...

It was pretty neat.

So. Get this, my nan was in the same school as Paul Mccartney.

People like to go on the slate-the-beatles bandwagon just for the fact that they are a highly regarded band, doing this without listening to any albums too.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Jul 6, 2008,
^ My Dad and my brother both like the Beatles so I have always had to listen to it on car journeys and thats how I know I cant stand it thank you

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
^ My Dad and my brother both like the Beatles so I have always had to listen to it on car journeys and thats how I know I cant stand it thank you

Pretty much the same here. My parents blasted The Beatles, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Cash, Eric Clapton, The Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival and the like at me in my younger days, and the only one I really don't like now is The Beatles. I think having to listen to them on a very regular basis for 12 years gives me enough time to form an opinion.
I can see how this would matter last year, but 51st anniversary?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
if it wasnt for the beatles then we wouldnt have any kind of genre today. them, along with the rolling stones, and the rest of the bands of the 1960's revollutionized the music we hear today. elvis wazs the king of rock and roll. you know where all the metal bands got their influences from? the bands before them. and those bands? the bands before them. thats all there is to it. you dont have to like the beatles, but in my mind we should at least recognize the fact that if it wasnt for what they did, along with everyone else in the 50's/60's then we wouldnt have the music that makes us happy today.

im done =]

People like to go on the slate-the-beatles bandwagon just for the fact that they are a highly regarded band, doing this without listening to any albums too.

Uh no, that's not true at all. I've heard plenty of the beatles' material. It's not bad, but imo they don't deserve the hype they get.

If it wasnt for the beatles then we wouldnt have any kind of genre today.

That's not true at all. There were already plenty of famous rock musicians (Chuck Berry, Little Richard, etc) before The Beatles even formed. Would music today be exactly the same? Probably not, but it's all just speculation.