So anyway. I'll be needing a decent delay. I don't know about the DL4 and I'm not a fan of Boss delay generally, because the DD-3 sounded kinda icky. I was kinda thinking of the MXR Carbon Copy? Any opinions?
Depends on what you uses your delay needs to cover. Also your budget. If you just need a great sounding delay that does the basics well at a good price - the Carbon Copy (which is analog and true bypass) is a great choice. If you need a delay for experimental/crazy stuff like reverse delay's. etc. digital is the way to go. The DL4 is a great sounding Digital Delay, and has a short looper as well, but costs almost 2x the Carbon Copy.

There are many delay's and they can go way up in cost...you will hear about those shortly.
Quote by sg4ever
So anyway. I'll be needing a decent delay. I don't know about the DL4 and I'm not a fan of Boss delay generally, because the DD-3 sounded kinda icky. I was kinda thinking of the MXR Carbon Copy? Any opinions?

What do you want out of your delay? Do you need loads of repeats and different delay types, do you need it to be stereo, do you want it to play the bagpipes for you, etc etc.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I only use about 4 repeats at various speeds. Other delay effects are wicked cool, but that's all I need.
Sounds like an analogue delay is right up your street, then. Carbon Copy would probably be a good bet, I don't have any personal experience with it but I hear good things and it's a lot cheaper than the EHX deluxe memory man over there.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I like the DL-4 [One of th VERY few Line 6 products worth buying, but there are better out there.

The DL-4 I had did everything I wanted plus more but I don't know exactly what you want.

Quote by timi_hendrix
Sounds like an analogue delay is right up your street, then. Carbon Copy would probably be a good bet, I don't have any personal experience with it but I hear good things and it's a lot cheaper than the EHX deluxe memory man over there.

+1
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Agree, it sounds like the Carbon Copy is an obvious choice. If down the road you need more than the basics out of a delay, you could always add a digital delay. I think having both a digital and analog delay is cool, as analog sounds so good and digital can do so much (but this is pricey proposition.)

If you have some serious dollars, you could get the empress superdelay (I have not played, but the clips sound sweet! About 450 USA bucks
http://www.analoguehaven.com/empresseffects/superdelay/

I think this delay is the "all in one delay solution!"

Good luck, and frankly the CC is all you really need.

Quote by sg4ever
I only use about 4 repeats at various speeds. Other delay effects are wicked cool, but that's all I need.
I'd go with the tc electronics nova delay
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55