hey guys,

I've been using the NI Guitar Rig 3 for some time now. I was wondering if there's any other software of that sort that's worth mentioning?

cheers
amplitube is also good
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Amplitube is alright, but I think Guitar Rig is far better in terms of functionality and sound quality. The only other thing I can think of is iZotope Trash, which only does distortion, but it can get some really really cool distortion sounds.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
there's Gearbox from Line 6.
it's good if you know how to use it and if you get all the Model Packs, but you can't get the Model Packs unless you have a Toneport, i think. I use it, it sounds good, and it's cheap.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I have em all but Amplitube 2/AT Hendrix/AT Metal all going through X-Gear sounds especially great for Hi-Gain. I like Guitar Rig 3 too. I also use an older one called ROCK AMP LEGENDS

http://www.nomadfactory.com/products/vamps/rock_amp/index.html

and I'm using the demo of ReValver MKIII right now - also nice and FAT sounding. I usually use X-Gear/Amplitube plug-ins or the GUITAR AMP PRO suite built-in to Logic Studio 8 on my Mac DAW.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!