Here are the problems. The fretboard is full of this blue powder, which isnt visible, but when you rub your thumb or fingers on the fretboard, it comes off. It ruined my fast fret and a couple of cloths... But its kind of gone now through playing a lot... in the space of two days.

But here is the other problem. The top inlay is broken, big hole in it. Very annoying.

The first picture shown below is the picture on the ebay listing, and the second picture is of the guitar i received. A problem, yes?

I think i can get in touch with this buyer and request money to have this fixed, and possibly even claim something about import tax, as no where in the listing did it say they wouldn't take responsibility of import tax.

Where do i stand legally UG?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/edgey_15/BC-Rich%20Zombie/xczbse_full.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/edgey_15/BC-Rich%20Zombie/DSC00317.jpg
Depends how well the seller covered his own ass. Did you read all the fine print on the selling page?
But it'd probably be worth it to contact eBay and complain about him.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
well the seller misrepresented the information, so you can claim a full refund.
also, the seller didnt show the actualy guitar for sale, just a picture of the same make of guitar from a different website.
also, couldnt you just get the inlay fixed?
Auction page? Just to see if he said anything was wrong, and if you missed anything.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Honestly? I doubt you're getting a dime.
Yeah I wouldn't hold out much hope here.
that small hole shouldn't effect the playability. looks like a non-issue to me. some cheap acrylic filler would make the hole disappear. i'd probably just fill it with white glue. no big deal, imo.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
that small hole shouldn't effect the playability. looks like a non-issue to me. some cheap acrylic filler would make the hole disappear. i'd probably just fill it with white glue. no big deal, imo.

exactly what I was thinking.
Quote by Edgey_15
The top inlay is broken, big hole in it.

Lol, BIG?

It was a used bass guitar off eBay, it's gonna have dings. In fact, I'm surprised that's all that's wrong with it. The only possible way I would see you having any claim to a refund is to point out that the picture was not of the specific bass (mind you, that didn't sway you from buying it) and that the minor ding wasn't pointed out in a close up photo.
Why on earth did you buy it then...?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
The bass is not used in any way, it was advertised as new, completely unused. New straight from the factory and apparently checked over by the in house technician for such flaws. On the images there was no hole and i was not told there was a hole in it.

Its a company selling new guitars over eBay as well as in store, i would have bought it from a store myself but its pretty much impossible finding this in UK let alone any model of a new BC Rich bass. I know it does not affect the playability but it is a flaw in the guitar that should not be there and i don't want it to be there because i want my guitar collection to be flawless.

Think of it this way, you buy a new car and you receive it, you then find there is a rather noticeable hole in the bonnet. It does not affect the 'drivability' but I'm sure you would rather it not be there as it is not suppose to and it looks ugly.

Is there any way in which the inlay can be repaired in a non cheap-tacky way? as in a new inlay if thats possible to do. anyone know a guitar repair company in the UK i could ask?

Your help is much appreciated as im not that educated in guitar repair.
cheap acrylic filler won't look tacky because that hole is so small. I'd be annoyed about this too if I were in your position, but there's not much you can do really, but suck it up.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Try contacting the seller first. If he doesn't want to do ****, contact eBay. You don't want to do both at the same time or contact eBay first. First because you didn't get his word on it and second you don't want to give him **** for no reason.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
hmm..well theres nothing to lose if you contact ebay and the dude who sold it to you...so see what happens i guess

either something positive will happen or nothing at all

i suggest you take those strings off and thoroughly clean the fretboard of any blue mystery gunk as awell
Nope, never found out what it was, it was some kind of inky/powdery stuff, whatever it was its either wiped off onto my fingers or just set into the fretboard though i will most definitely clean the fretboard properly one day with removing the strings and that.

so i gather this acrylic filler is one way to fix the problem, is it not at all possible to get a new inlay put on it or something?

if not i think this acrylic is my best option.

I have also spoke to the company and they said they would refund me $30 (£15) for inconvenience but if it is possible to put in a new inlay in im assuming it will cost more than that and either way i reckon im going to get in touch with eBay soon about the matter. see what im entitled to.
Last edited by Edgey_15 at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

+100

Man up.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!