Going to Uni next year (2009) and so I think I'd better start looking for an amp I can actually use there...

Basically I'm looking for a 5W valve amp such as a Blackheart or valve junior etc.

Also a nice OD pedal, e.g - OCD, MI Audio Blues Pro etc. May also consider something like a BYOC tubescreamer.

I've got a Flextone III XL + Shortboard for trade, and will trade it for a fair bit under it's value if i get what i'm looking for, as both my amps are far too big for Uni.

Cheers
Adam
If I were you I'd be sticking to the Flextone.

Even a 5W will be too loud for a dorm room man trust me.
You'd need to crank them up to get them to sound their best, whereas your flextone was designed to bring out loads of sounds are reasonable volumes.
Pott - Yeah, i realise that, but the flextone weighs something close to 30kg and is a 2*12, which is just far too physically large.... Thanks anyway

Untitled001 - Hmm, tempting, head? Trade?
Adam
I can build you an OCD v4 clone if you're interested? so much cheaper than the retail price. PM me if you interested, and with any questions you might have.

or if you're interested in a tubscreamer clone check my sig. thread for my CheapScreamer project!
Quote by adzlee123
Pott - Yeah, i realise that, but the flextone weighs something close to 30kg and is a 2*12, which is just far too physically large.... Thanks anyway

Untitled001 - Hmm, tempting, head? Trade?

The head, I'm looking for cash.. But I'm tempted
slashs #1 fan - I may give you a shout after I can get hold of an amp, my current amp has nice enough drive not to warrant any more, but if i can get a small valve amp I may well get back to you.

Untitled001 - Head, cool, thing is I couldn't really afford what you're asking for it (+ a cab) but, I'm very willing to trade for it if you are interested?
(Remember the Flex and board cost around £600, which I'm sure is more than the TT)
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
slashs #1 fan - I may give you a shout after I can get hold of an amp, my current amp has nice enough drive not to warrant any more, but if i can get a small valve amp I may well get back to you.

Untitled001 - Head, cool, thing is I couldn't really afford what you're asking for it (+ a cab) but, I'm very willing to trade for it if you are interested?
(Remember the Flex and board cost around £600, which I'm sure is more than the TT)

I am very willing to trade. So you're saying TT for Flextone + Board?
Have to say this isn't defitnite on my part as someone appears to be interested in my Tiny Terror thread.

As I would prefer cash I will go with him, but if that deals falls through I'll give you a shout.
OK, well if it falls through, then I'm perfectly willing to make the above trade.
Adam