Ok, so sometimes when I'm playing, (I use a Boss GT-8 btw), especially when I release a note, there's a ringing sound that's given off, as the note plays when you take your finger off, and other slight noises like this.

How can you minimise this sound, as you can notice it on my smallish amp, so I'm sure that you'll be able to hear it when I start playing live and such even more.

Any help?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
When you say 'release a note', do you mean doing a pull-off? If so, you're probably catching other open strings, causing the sound you're getting, which means it's nothing to do with your gear, and it's just your technique that's wrong. However, you're not very specific so I don't know.
Well, when I take say my middle finger off say the 12th fret on the G to replace for the next part of a solo, say, i take it off, and it rings the string, I think it must be that string's open note.

But I've been watching a lot of live videos recently, and I've noticed that's not happened at all in these videos, so I got a bit concerned.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Urm. Professional bands. Pink Floyd, Genesis, The Who, that sorta stuff.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha