Hey guys. I did a cover of Electric tears by Buckethead yesterday. Its not perfect by any means, I need to sort out the buzzing on the harmonics, but I think its OK.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could listen to it and tell me what you think. Its on my profile or My Myspace if you'd prefer.

Cheers!
i'm not familiar with the origional. so here goes.

the intro was very eerie. i thought your tone could have been a little smoother. when the other guitar comes in it sounds very good, but i think that a less highs intensive tone would be better. the song is beautiful, but towards the end i got a bit bored.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902160
Too cool for a signature.
I liked it, even though I'm a big fan of Buckethead I don't really like this song.

But you nailed it, good job.
Quote by chrisatgrace
i'm not familiar with the origional. so here goes.

the intro was very eerie. i thought your tone could have been a little smoother. when the other guitar comes in it sounds very good, but i think that a less highs intensive tone would be better. the song is beautiful, but towards the end i got a bit bored.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902160

How do you mean by smoother? If this helps, I was playing through a Line6 toneport w/ chorus, reverb and a bit of tremolo. Towards the end I added a bit of flange, but it made the harmonics 'buzz' a little, so I won't be doing that when I re-record it. So yeah, how could the tone be improved do you think?

And as for length, the actual song is over 4 minutes, so I shortened it a fair bit. The original is very moving though, and I suppose I didn't really get that across well enough because yeah, it can get boring.

Cheers for the input, and I'll crit yours

Quote by Portuguese_boy
I liked it, even though I'm a big fan of Buckethead I don't really like this song.

But you nailed it, good job.

Thank you
i thought that the tone could be less...sharp. maybe turn down the hights a bit? or cut the mids? i don't really quite know.
Too cool for a signature.