Ive been looking at this amp and wondering if anyone here has played through it or owned it. I've seen 1 demo of it on YouTube which sounded great but there arent many reviews of them on Harmony Central.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX-Series-RX75R-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481147

I'm attracted to it mainly for the price (£250, thats pretty damn cheap) and that it has a headphone jack for late night practising.

Im playing stuff like Radiohead, Bloc Party, Editors, The Smiths to Metallica, Megadeth, Bullet For My Valentine, but i'd sacrifice the cleans for a more metal sound.

Any help is much appreciated
(I'm in the UK, not US)
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at Jul 6, 2008,
[quote="'']There decent amps, but if I was you I'd Save up for one of the G3's

There more money, but your getting more amp. They're amazing

+1.

I tried a G3 head the other day and was blown away.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
[quote="'']There decent amps, but if I was you I'd Save up for one of the G3's

There more money, but your getting more amp. They're amazing
+1

Randalls are pretty much the only SS amps that I like.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
i've only seen a youtube demo of the RX75RG2, and i thought it sounded pretty good. It actually made me want to get one, but they seem pretty difficult to find in the UK. It is difficult to find a decent, affordable solid state over here, mind. Most british amp companies seem to make **** solid states...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.