ok so you know the basic chords C,G and D rite?
well my c's and g's are just fine, but my D's come out freaky. it's like you can hear every note in the chord to well so it comes out high pitch
becuase you can hear the notes on the E,B and G strings too well. any thoughts?

E|-2-
B|-3-
G|-2-
D|-0-
1. D is a rather high chord, maybe you are playing it right and it just sounds odd to you

2. since you're a beginner I'm guessing you're guitar isn't that great. If you've got an ebay special, there's your problem.

3. Make sure you're pushing down the frets the whole way nice and firmly, it might be coming across as a pinch harmonic or something like that.
Make sure you are hitting that open D string along with the other three so it fills out the chord more.
Quote by UltimateDud
1. D is a rather high chord, maybe you are playing it right and it just sounds odd to you

2. since you're a beginner I'm guessing you're guitar isn't that great. If you've got an ebay special, there's your problem.

3. Make sure you're pushing down the frets the whole way nice and firmly, it might be coming across as a pinch harmonic or something like that.

You mean a harmonic?

TS, if it's just the chord in general, try doing the barre chord.
you can always hit the open A string as well if you're looking for a fuller sound
Quote by UltimateDud

hes right. it is a bit higher than other open chords. make sure youre in tune and everything.
Listen to beginner chords on youtube, theres loads of good videos so you've got something proper to compare it to