I've looked at the guitars within my price range and none of them are quite what I am looking for so I decided to push it a little bit and I found this. Everything I've read about it says it's for me and it's great quality I just want some more experienced opinions to know whether or not it's worth the drive to the Guitar Center 50 miles away.

Right now I'm playing through a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212. I use a Zoom G9.2tt pedal which I love, it gives me some amazing tones and I sometimes use a Marshall Gov'nor.

Thanks,
Stallion Duck
Last edited by Stallion Duck at Jul 6, 2008,
i have the non fr version and imo its one of my best guitars, its equal to an ltd ec1000..... worth the long frive for sure.

oh and with that pedal its sure to sound gd
I play mostly metal too but I'm also keeping my other guitar for if I will ever need some of the cleaner tones.
the cleans are fairly decent just i wouldnt use it solely for that
but yea if metals your thing you will love this guitar
and get it in black cherry ! so much better
Definately, I was looking at the Black Cherry and it's just stunning. Especially when compared to the black or white.
i absolutely love my hellraiser. i can make it play heavy metal and sound like a strat and it does it good too!
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 81TW/89
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat with Gibson P/Us
Line 6 Spider III half stack
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP50
its a good guitar....just not a big fan of the pickups
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Thanks people, I'm definately getting out there as soon as I can. (And praying I qualify for the payment option).
Quote by twinturboaudi
its a good guitar....just not a big fan of the pickups

haha but you have a blackout fetish
what are the main differences in sound i havent had chance to try them?
Quote by the agony scene
haha but you have a blackout fetish
what are the main differences in sound i havent had chance to try them?

i wouldnt call it a blackout fetish...im an active pickup guy...very rarely to i play anything without high gain distortion...and if i do i have the exotic star for that...and i sure as hell am not going to leave in emg's when i can get a much better sound from a blackout...thats like running 89 octane in a vette...
and just to clear things up...i do like emgs...but i like blackouts better
as far as sound...a lot less noise, deeper darker bass while still being tight...i guess you could describe it as, you feel more of a badass when playing once you hear the sound
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 6, 2008,