ok so i have an epi LP custom and i was thinking of dyeing the fretboard black so it looks like ebony, will normal wood stain do the trick? also will it nacker up the fret markers? also can it be easily washed off from the guitars finish if any gets it? i presume yes because dye works by soaking into the wood ant it cant because of the finish on the guitar.

thanks in advance.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
try on a ****ty guitar first
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
im with you...i hate rosewood's color...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I can see you having black fingertips for the next few months..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by ash_attack

this reallyworks?.....i might just keep my hellraiser if so..please tell me
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
actually i was in a toss up between getting a scheceter hellraiser or atx or esp ec-1000 and the hallraiser and 1000 didnt have an ebony fretboard that i liked but i still decided with the 1000 so when it gets here i just might do that myself xD
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
why did you mention the ec-1000! I was so dead set on getting a c1 or a tempest but this is defiantly on my thought list now.
i just want confirmation that it wont sink into the inlays....if so..my hellraiser, ax-400 and acoustic will be getting this done
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
It shouldn't sink into the inlays since I dont think they are that porous.

But just make sure you cover up the neck with lots of masking tape so you dont accidentally get it where you dont want it.
ok guys just thought id give an update, so i masking taped the edges of the neck to prevent any getting on it and gave it a go, and worked brilliantly! the fret markers look absolutely fine, ill get around to taking some pics when i have the chance.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
ok guys just thought id give an update, so i masking taped the edges of the neck to prevent any getting on it and gave it a go, and worked brilliantly! the fret markers look absolutely fine, ill get around to taking some pics when i have the chance.

so no inlay coloration?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
so no inlay coloration?

no non at all, i guess its because wood dye works by soaking into the wood, it cant do that to inlays because they arnt porous.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
*crys* LOL

i also hate rosewood and wanted a ebony fret board, one of the reasons i sold my Warlock, if you just woulda posted this like 2 days ago LOL i just woulda dyed the fret board
Quote by Slayerdeath
*crys* LOL

i also hate rosewood and wanted a ebony fret board, one of the reasons i sold my Warlock, if you just woulda posted this like 2 days ago LOL i just woulda dyed the fret board

get an esp ax-400 instead if u want another body like that
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15