I have a Godin Freeway Classic guitar that I use with a Peavey Valveking. I like my rig, but I'm looking to replace the stock bridge pickup in the Godin with something that has a little more output and more definition when playing with high gain. I'm trying to decide between a Duncan 59 and a Duncan Custom.

I'm leaning towards the Custom because of the higher output, but how will my cleans sound? I play in a (sort of) modern-prog band, so clear cleans are very important to me, but I also need a powerful high gain sound. I don't need to get death-metal levels of gain but I would like something a little more defined at higher gain than my stock pickups, without sacrificing cleans. Would the 59 or the Custom be a better fit?
The '59 is more of a neck pickup. You can still get clean sounds with a Custom.
i have an SD Invader and i get great cleans from it. I think its more powerful than the Custom
Out of those two I'd go for the Custom. Forget about the Invader.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Dimarzio Norton
or
Dimarzio Drop Sonic
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
the Custom isn't a high gain pickup at all. true it's higher than the '59, but it's no X2N or something. you'll be fine with the Custom.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Seymour Duncan have soundclips of all there pickups playing clean and with distortion, which nearly every major pickup company has.
A8 or the Custom 5. better cleans than the Custom in my opinion. you can also try to swap the magnet of the Custom to an Alnico 8. i've heard it's good.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC