Would it take to cycle about 17 miles?
I can't test it because I don't have a bike at the moment and I need to know for transport for work when I move.

Thanks for any help,
Tim
Quote by _Tim_
Say an average speed? (whatever that may be)

Average speed for an obese or anorexic person?
How long does it take to walk? cut that time in half. it might give you in idea then.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
If it's a hilly 17 miles, I'd estimate 3 heart attacks, unless you're quite fit.
Quote by Nexium
How long does it take to walk? cut that time in half. it might give you in idea then.

Takes me7-10 minutes per mile,god knows about 17 miles.

That's still a long time to bike it >.<
40 mins if its all flat
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by Nexium

that would be biking very slow or walking very fast... i run twice my walking speed and bike about twice my running speed...
david bowie says lets dance
figure how fast can you WALK a mile. multiply that by 17, then cut it in half and you should have a rough estimate. you definitely should wake up extra early though.
Quote by Lance09301
figure how fast can you WALK a mile. multiply that by 17, then cut it in half and you should have a rough estimate. you definitely should wake up extra early though.

It'd take me 40 minutes to an hour I reckon and it'd only be until I can afford the upkeep of a car or motorbike.

Thanks,guys
get a car
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
get a car

Read my last post

[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I wouldn't ride a bike for 27 kilometres to work daily even if my life depended on it.

Beggars can't be choosers
Quote by thunderbird1007
that would be biking very slow or walking very fast... i run twice my walking speed and bike about twice my running speed...

Hills can get really annoying, though. I run a mile in just over six minutes but I was at a race yesterday where a lap was a little under a mile but it took me about five minutes to get through it because of it was really unstable.
Average cycling speed on flat tarmac is generally about 20mph. Thats quick. It'd probably take you 1-2 hours. It really depends on the hilliness, type of surface, bends in the road, space for cycling, traffic etc.
I could probably do it in about an hour about.

BTW, 7-10 minutes a mile?... Biking?... I run around 6 minute miles...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Saying you move at 7 miles per hour, it will take you about 2.5 hours.

Saying you move at 10 miles per hour, it will take you about 1.8 hours.

It's all relative!
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

51 minutes I'd say... if you go as quick as you can I'd say you can get it down to 34 minutes.
Quote by AthenasGhost
I could probably do it in about an hour about.

BTW, 7-10 minutes a mile?... Biking?... I run around 6 minute miles...

No 7-10 minutes WALKING
Running takes me about 5-6
about an hour

edit: O wait we are talking about miles not km, id say about 1.75 hours