I'm using a Mid-Gain tube amp and a Bad Monkey OD pedal. Seeing as my amp is 50 watts and I can't crank it up for fear of my house falling apart, I have to rely on the OD to push my tubes. But I can't get a good metal tone. Am I just EQ'ing it badly, or is there something else? Can I use a distortion pedal + overdrive pedal on the clean channel?

Right now it's on the lead channel, with the amp EQ like this: Gain@9 High@7 Mid@6 Bass@10 Reverb@3. The bad monkey is set to this: Level@5 Low@8 High@6 Gain@6. I like the tone in this song. That's what I'm trying to get.
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Set the BM like this and see what you get: level 10 gain 0.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Try to put the level up some more. Vintage Clubs aren't really going to get that heavy so don't expect a superb metal tone. I wouldn't have the bass boosted as much as you have on the pedal. Disturbed isn't exactly the bassiest tone so you might want the pedal's low at 5. Possibly take the mids down a bit (I know scooped mids aren't the best, but it helps for the person who is just practicing and not in a band situation).
Quote by Kevin Saale
Set the BM like this and see what you get: level 10 gain 0.

This was basically the same tone but less defined and slightly louder. So no. Bad.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
maybe your using too much bass?
on my VK, i keep the bass at 5, with the other eq settings about like yours, and my monkey is level5, bass5, high7, gain6 and it sounds pretty good to me...i can only get my VK up to maybe 3 tops in my apt., and even then im looking out the window for the cops as i play, lol
^Then an overdrive isn't going to help you, you need a new amp. That is how almost every OD is used.
Your never really going to get a good metal tone with an OD pedal, Distortion is the way if you want a decent metal tone. Treble up pretty high, Mid down fairly low, bass about 3/4 ish
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
Quote by skwiddy
Your never really going to get a good metal tone with an OD pedal, Distortion is the way if you want a decent metal tone. Treble up pretty high, Mid down fairly low, bass about 3/4 ish

So can I use a distortion on the clean channel, then clear it up a bit with an overdrive? So my chain would be like guitar>distortion>overdrive>any other pedals>amp on clean? Would that work??
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
You probably won't get a good sound that way. If I was you I'd save up, sell the crate and get a new amp.
If only anyone would buy the damn thing I've tried like 3 times now.
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor