Page 1 of 10
I'm not simply talking about Iraq natives or Afghanistan natives, because believe it or not they are not all terrorists. I personally have no sympathy for those peices of human filth. I know that may seem like a hard pill to swallow for some people, but it's the Truth.
I don't want to make this a thread where only people with my opinion can post or any crap like that. I encourage people who disagree to post. In fact, I want You to post.
I believe this is a free country and Your voice in this discussion is just as valid and mine, this is those who agree and disagree with me.
I'm not starting this thread to "get under some people's skin", but to really get a general publics opinion on the matter. Granted, UG might be a bit of liberal place to start I'm willing to take both the flaming and the support of my fellow UG cast.
Yes because the one extra T he accidentally added in pity is just the end of the world.
Quote by bdof
In fact, I want You to post.

I thought of this when I read that sentence.... you work for some military recruitment service, don't you?

Subliminal messages ftw.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by blue_strat
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Exactly, and surely there can't be anything fruitful coming out of this thread except this.

Lock up the TS and ban the thread.
Well, in recent months, there have been several cases were mentaly disabled people have been rigged with explosives and used as suicide bombers, without knowing what they are doing.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
the american soldiers are the terrorists, the taliban suicide bombers are terrorists, do I pity or feel for them? no, I feel for the civilians caught in the middle.

However in the palestine/israels issue, I damn hate those israelies invading arab country. That is true terrorism.
i can't feel pity; i'm an American
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by weemansyndrome

I thought of this when I read that sentence.... you work for some military recruitment service, don't you?

Subliminal messages ftw.

LMFAO Hahahahahahahaha......ahhhh that was Epic!
Quote by blue_strat

+ 1

I mean, to people in America, the people who carried out 9/11 seem like heartless terrorists who are willing to sacrifice innocent lives for the sake of religious dogma. To Americans, 9/11 was a tragedy that dwarfed everyhing we ever did to anyone in the Middle East. We have no respect for them. And rightfully so.

But to people in the middle east, America seems like an evil Zionist beehive determined to destroy their way of life and replace it with ours, and with no regard for innocent civiian life along the way. To them, the losses we sustained on 9/11 don't even compare to their losses because of us, and those who carried out the attacks were heroes. They have no respect for us. And rightfully so.

It all depends on cultural perspective...that's just the way it is.
Quote by weemansyndrome

Subliminal messages ftw.

His profile does say hes in the Air Force...
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by weemansyndrome
*HUGE PICTURE*

Subliminal messages ftw.

hahahah nice...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by blue_strat

That doesn't mean what they do is just or right.

Killing people is still killing people no matter who you work for or what your beliefs are.
I have pity for your regurgitated ignorance
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by Pizza The Hut

Killing people is still killing people no matter who you work for or what your beliefs are.

That's true, but no-one looks at the reasons why terrorists do things- they're all just stuck on what the terrorists do. It's all about perspective.
Quote by Pizza The Hut

Morality is so subjective and relative, it's impossible to argue conclusively either way. Basically, all you can conclusively say is that some people think this, and others think that.
Quote by flame843
+ 1

I mean, to people in America, the people who carried out 9/11 seem like heartless terrorists who are willing to sacrifice innocent lives for the sake of religious dogma. To Americans, 9/11 was a tragedy that dwarfed everyhing we ever did to anyone in the Middle East. We have no respect for them. And rightfully so.

But to people in the middle east, America seems like an evil Zionist beehive determined to destroy their way of life and replace it with ours, and with no regard for innocent civiian life along the way. To them, the losses we sustained on 9/11 don't even compare to their losses because of us, and those who carried out the attacks were heroes. They have no respect for us. And rightfully so.

It all depends on cultural perspective...that's just the way it is.

despite how tragic 9/11 was only 3-4k people died. ("only" used for comparison)
in Iraq alone over 100k civilians have been killed already and it's still climbing.

I can understand why they hate the americans, I mean... life _was_ better when Saddam was around.
Quote by Pizza The Hut

But to them, their attacks are justified because they consider us monsters. It's been the same way with every war ever throughout history, really. If all people were on the same page war and violence would never happen but the reality is nobody's ever really been on the same page.
Last edited by flame843 at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by weemansyndrome

Subliminal messages ftw.

nomatter where you stand he looks and points directly at you. It's quite frightening.
Quote by thycrusader
His profile does say hes in the Air Force...

Yes I am in the Air Force, but I'm too young to be a recruiter. I also wouldn't inspire anyone to join unless they had thoughts about it already, and to be honest if someone comes to me about it, then they've already made up their mind about what they want to do.
I dont pity them for their actions at all, from what I understand, from the time they are a small children, they choose to grow up and be a suicide bomber or w/e. I do find it ridiculous how they to me are ''brainwashed'' to where supposedly if they die fighting or ''defending'' their religion, they are supposedly ''great'' or something along those lines. To me, its one thing to be a martyr, but just blowing yourself up and other people ''for your god'' is extremely stupid
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by flame843
But to them, their attacks are justified because they consider us monsters. It's been the same way with every war ever throughout history, really. If al lpeope lwere on the same page war and violence would never happen but the reality is nobody's ever really been on the same page.

Additionally, history is written by the winners, which doesn't help things much.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
in Iraq alone over 100k civilians have been killed already and it's still climbing.

I can understand why they hate the americans, I mean... life _was_ better when Saddam was around.

For the record I wasn't justifying 9/11 or anything, I think it was a horrible event.
well, my answer to that question depends on who you are calling a "terrorist". I can sympathize with Iraqis fighting the US Army because they want them out of their country and whatnot, I do not however sympathize with Al Qaeda or simmilar groups.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
First of all the insurgents are not terrorists, a terrorist is somebody who commits an act of violence against civilians, they are attacking military targets and are therefore guerrillas.

I have no sympathy with real terrorists, civilians should never be treated as targets the attacks on the twin towers were cowardly and stupid. However, I do sympathize with the insurgents. The coalition forces invaded their country with no good reason (in the case of Iraq) and should be kicked out. Ultimately I believe in peace but if peace is not possible (and with the current president it doesn't seem likely) then I will side with those who are against injustices, namely the invasion and occupation of the sovereign state of Iraq.
However in the case of Afghanistan I am less sure, I supported the invasion of Afghanistan but I believe that the occupation has drawn on too long, the troops from Iraq should be deployed to Afghanistan to clean it up and then the war of terror should be ended.
Quote by Maggot3000
I dont pity them for their actions at all, from what I understand, from the time they are a small children, they choose to grow up and be a suicide bomber or w/e. I do find it ridiculous how they to me are ''brainwashed'' to where supposedly if they die fighting or ''defending'' their religion, they are supposedly ''great'' or something along those lines. To me, its one thing to be a martyr, but just blowing yourself up and other people ''for your god'' is extremely stupid

Just like going across seas to fight in another country for God and Democracy is extremely stupid
Quote by CliffIsAngry

I'm curious as to where you get your numbers
Quote by Pizza The Hut

There is no such thing as right or wrong, there is only humanity
MASSIVE TEXT
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Whenever I say that whenever this discussion comes up, I get jumped on

That's because you're unamerican (why doesn't spell check recognize that as a word?). How dare you not support our military and all of their highly expensive ventures. They are over in Iraq fighting for your freedom, somehow.

The terrorists have had their judgment clouded by their highly intrusive religion. They believe their religious leaders to be in the right at all times and their nation to have God's support at all times. Also they do not understand or embrace the principles of freedom and justice, and until they do we need to continue our occupation of their country.

God Bless America!!!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by bdof
I'm curious as to where you get your numbers

the war in Iraq has been going on for over 5 years, the numbers were released on CNN I remember I saw that some months ago.
I have sympathy with them but not their methods.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington