Okay, last night there was a camping trip, a few of us, and we were all pretty drunk. There was a fishing hut nearby, and it was open. We eventually trashed it, like broke the seats and table inside, and destroyed half the front wall, its pretty wrecked. I never instigated it, and i was not the worst, i dont know why i done it, but i did. I left early because afterwards, it got pretty lame, so i was gone at about half 11. This morning, three of the other boys who did start the vandalism were caught by the police, there were reports of vandalism, and the police seen them at the bus station early in the morning and questioned them. My mate said we were at the other side of the river, in another direction, but the police took their names and numbers, plus mine and the other boys who were there, their numbers were given to the police. Now they all want to lie, and tell the police we were away from it, and i dont think this is too wise tbh. Ive been told f i dont go along with it, they will grass me up and deny it. Or if i grass them up, ill get my head kicked in [some of the guys there weren't from round where we live, and wouldn't have a problem doing this] so my dilemma is this, should i go along with the lie or should i tell the police everything or should i tell the police my part in it and not say anything about who else done it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You kinda deserve it for being such a dickhead in the first place.

Every action has a consequence.
I hope you get f**ked either way, dumbass

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Own up to it. Who do you want to deal with? Cops, or strangers? Cops will get you in way more trouble.

The other guys will be sent to jail if they harm you, you know that right?

Aggravated assault...How old are you all?
I know I've ****ed up and i deserve it, and yes some of my friends aren't the most reliable, but is there anyone who can offer up some advice that would help because Im getting enough of the 'your an asshole' and 'you deserve it' and 'im close to kicking you out of ths ****ing house' at home.
I think you should grass all the other guys in and lie about yourself. I hope you get fucked by both the law and these other twats, you stupid little prick.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by severed-metal
Own up to it. Who do you want to deal with? Cops, or strangers? Cops will get you in way more trouble.

The other guys will be sent to jail if they harm you, you know that right?

Aggravated assault...How old are you all?

Im 16, the rest are about 17-18, and they all want to lie their asses off.
erowid has your answers
Anonymous statement?

Plus you do deserve to be punished as you did do a little bit of the damage
Quote by meh17
Anonymous statement?

What does that involve?

Im not to knowledgeable on this topic..

EDIT: Yeah i know i deserve to be punished, i dont question that.
erowid has your answers
i would probably tell the truth. the consequences of lying are far greater than if you tell the truth.
Quote by gordyboy13
Im 16, the rest are about 17-18, and they all want to lie their asses off.

Yeah. Own up to it. Tell the cops you were involved at least. You'll get off the with the least if you own up to it.

You'll get tried as a minor, they'll probably get tried as adults. So, they've got vandalism against them.

Just don't tell the cops anything about them, unless the cops ask. If they ask, there's no point in lying because if they catch you lying, it's BIG trouble.

Good luck
just lie about it..what proof do the cops have you did anything..ull get off
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by gordyboy13
What does that involve?

Im not to knowledgeable on this topic..

EDIT: Yeah i know i deserve to be punished, i dont question that.

Call in to the police, tell them what happened, without giving your name. Do you live in the UK by any chance?
Either you do what is right (tell the cops everything) or you do what is easy (go along with the crowd). Yeah you may get roughed up if you do what is right but that is part of paying the price for doing what was wrong in the first place.

There is a saying, "The only reason there is evil in the world is because honest men standby and do nothing."
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Own up to it and tell the cops that they say they're gonna f*ck you up. If they try to hurt you they'll just get in more trouble
Quote by severed-metal
Yeah. Own up to it. Tell the cops you were involved at least. You'll get off the with the least if you own up to it.

You'll get tried as a minor, they'll probably get tried as adults. So, they've got vandalism against them.

Just don't tell the cops anything about them, unless the cops ask. If they ask, there's no point in lying because if they catch you lying, it's BIG trouble.

Good luck

Thank you. But the only problem is in UK 16 is no longer a minor, but i do deserve it so save the you deserve it comments please. Can i say that when the police are questioning me? That i did have a hand in it, but i dont want to say who else did? Thanks again to those who offered up some advice.
erowid has your answers
i hate when people vandalize things. Especially when they break into houses and people's property. ****ing piece of trash, i hope you get arrested.
Quote by ibanez for life
i hate when people vandalize things. Especially when they break into houses and people's property. ****ing piece of trash, i hope you get arrested.

I did come here for advice, not an argument, but your entitled to your opinion and a dig at me, for what i did.
erowid has your answers
haha karma strkes again, but this time with an interesting twist.

if you cant control your actions when you drink dont drink. what ever happens i hope you learn a lesson.
Quote by Bedhead03
haha karma strkes again, but this time with an interesting twist.

if you cant control your actions when you drink dont drink. what ever happens i hope you learn a lesson.

Trust me, im learning my lesson, i know i ****ed up MAJORLY, and yeah im cutting down drinking cause well, i dont want this to happen again.
erowid has your answers
Quote by gordyboy13
Trust me, im learning my lesson, i know i ****ed up MAJORLY, and yeah im cutting down drinking cause well, i dont want this to happen again.

well sir if you do what you say i will respect you as a man. but if u **** up again.

tut tut.

i know mr 47
Quote by gordyboy13
I did come here for advice, not an argument, but your entitled to your opinion and a dig at me, for what i did.

well, i admire your answer. most people would think of some dumb comeback that isn't insulting or funny. so now..i hope you get away with it
Quote by gordyboy13
Thank you. But the only problem is in UK 16 is no longer a minor, but i do deserve it so save the you deserve it comments please. Can i say that when the police are questioning me? That i did have a hand in it, but i dont want to say who else did? Thanks again to those who offered up some advice.

Seeing as you are from UK, check with your local police for anonymous hotlines or websites, there a loads nowadays.
Quote by Bedhead03
well sir if you do what you say i will respect you as a man. but if u **** up again.

tut tut.

i know mr 47

Dude if i **** up again im out the house and im pretty sure finding somewhere to sleep will be the least of my problems. Im pretty sure what im going to do. Tell everyone else i intend to keep to the lie. Then if i get called up, i will say that yes i did have a hand in the vandalism, i never started it and i wasnt the worst, nor was i alone but i dont want to say any of the names of anyone else who joined in or started it. I have been threatened if i give any names out i will get battered. I want a chance to apologise to the owner, im really sorry and understand what i did was completely wrong, and i want to pay for the damages.

Will the police give me a hard time for not giving up any other names?
erowid has your answers
Quote by ibanez for life
well, i admire your answer. most people would think of some dumb comeback that isn't insulting or funny. so now..i hope you get away with it

Get away with the vandalism or getting my head kicked in? I only want the latter.
erowid has your answers
Quote by gordyboy13
Get away with the vandalism or getting my head kicked in? I only want the latter.

i ment, i hope you dont get caught. everyone makes mistakes.
Quote by gordyboy13

Just make sure not to anger the popo. When they ask you a question, answer the question, and that's it. Don't give any more details then needed unless you feel your ass is in hot water.

Yes, you can say that.

But, if they ask you who was in it, DO NOT LIE.

Frankly, since you're an adult now, you can be tried as an adult, and may take some time in a correctional facility. But, they may just let you off with a warning, being the honest person you are, they probably won't be dealing too much your way.

It will be the strangers that will get the most, tell the cops that there is a conspiracy to commit an offence. Which is aggravated assault or battery or, if worst comes to worse, attempted murder.

Sometimes, it's better to tell the truth. If they want to miserable jackasses, don't let them bring you down with them.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by ibanez for life
i ment, i hope you dont get caught. everyone makes mistakes.

Ive accepted im going to get in major trouble, even if i did go along with the lie, we would get caught out anyway, so theres no getting away from it tbh. But my only worry is the giving of other people's names. And i can see that, if they find out i owned up, they would just say it was me and deny it. One of my closest 'mates' told me this. Some friends eh?
erowid has your answers
Quote by severed-metal
Just make sure not to anger the popo. When they ask you a question, answer the question, and that's it. Don't give any more details then needed unless you feel your ass is in hot water.

Yes, you can say that.

But, if they ask you who was in it, DO NOT LIE.

I dont intend on lying, but how not giving names, like if they ask was there anyone else, ill say yes. If they ask who, Ill tell them ive been threatened to not say, and i dont want to grass anyone up, im here to answer to what ive done wrong.
erowid has your answers
I edited my post up there. Sorry about that...

...Anyways, that's a good plan. The other guys are in for some tough times for threatening you. Also, they will probably let you off quite a bit for telling the truth AND you are going to pay for what you've done.
If you don't want to give names you could say that you were too drunk to remember who was with you