Does Guitar Center tax used guitars/amps/etc? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'd like to get a used guitar they've got, and I'm not sure if I have enough if they do in fact tax it.
Yes, you always have to pay sales tax (unless you live in Delaware) on stuff like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
damn. So since the guitar's 800, which would be like 55 bucks tax, and I talked them down to 750, I'd basically be getting it for the tag price after tax is added on, right?
Slightly less since tax will decrease a bit with price drop.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
tax i think is 17.5% of the price of what ever ur buying
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
tax i think is 17.5% of the price of what ever ur buying

I doubt it, your thinking of VAT which is the tax we have on purchased goods in england

america most likely has a different tax level and I wouldnt be surprised if it varies between states

I'd check your local authority website to check if i were you
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
sales tax changes with state but in NC its like 7%
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sajuuk
I doubt it, your thinking of VAT which is the tax we have on purchased goods in england

america most likely has a different tax level and I wouldnt be surprised if it varies between states

I'd check your local authority website to check if i were you

Ah sorry lol, I always get them mixxed up.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar