Hey, I need the help of UG

I'm thinking about doing a bit of music production stuff, BUT... idk what it involves.

With individual singers, or rappers, you make the backing track using software, but bands already make the music, so what is the role of a music producer who produces for a band?
Mixing the tracks, editing, stuff like that.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
Mixing the tracks, editing, stuff like that.

Is that all

I mean surely they do more than that, anyone can learn to do that.
Giving guidence to the band on how to improve what they're doing and to focus them.

Quote by meh17
Is that all

Doing it well on the other hand...
Quote by meh17
Is that all

Yeah thats pretty much it. Obviously, it's not as easy as it seems. I'm assuming you're wanting to do this as a course?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
They also offer general guidance, getting all the instruments to sound good, running the session etc. Mixing and editing is only a tiny part of production.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Yeah thats pretty much it. Obviously, it's not as easy as it seems. I'm assuming you're wanting to do this as a course?

Looking to get some work experience maybe, shadow someone. I know a couple of half decent producers so I'll just see how it goes.