im not a well known customer, but is there any chance i can maybe get them to lower the price on a hellraiser NON-FR by a little bit, if not maybe knock off the price of a HSC for it or something..i mean, they must have some kind of employee discount they can use to help you with and i KNOW they want the commission

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
im not a well known customer, but is there any chance i can maybe get them to lower the price on a hellraiser NON-FR by a little bit, if not maybe knock off the price of a HSC for it or something..i mean, they must have some kind of employee discount they can use to help you with and i KNOW they want the commission

Depends on the price of the guitar but you can normally wrangle a lead and a strap or 50% off a case.
the trick isn't really getting them to lower the price on the guitar, it's getting them to throw in extra stuff for free.. like when i bought my acoustic-electric, instead of getting a free 10 watt amp for 50 bucks, i got a new strap and a case totaling to move than 80 bucks.. that's how you make the deal
normal staff cant give you discounts, assistant managers 5% and manager 10%.

read it in a thread somewhere
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by _Tim_
Depends on the price of the guitar but you can normally wrangle a lead and a strap or 50% off a case.

normal price of the guitar is $699.99
a case would be around $90-100
straplocks $25
and tax over $50

i really dont want to pay all that, which is why i am trying to look for a deal

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
You need to go down there this weekend! Guitar Center is having a "List Event."
Theres a bunch of stuff on those lists. Cant begin to tell you the amount of stuff they have marked down below there price.

I have never gotten them to mark down an item more than it already is. They will throw in new strings or mark a case down in some instances. Maybe even throw in a free gig bag. But haggling will get you nowhere unless you can find an authorized dealer that is selling something you want cheaper than they are. THEN they will drop the price to below what the other dealers price is. Thats it though.

GO TO GC fool!

"My gear is cheap, and I can't play, but I look cool doing it!!"

Ibanez ART300 [brown caiman]
Epi Les Paul Special II [black]
Line 6 Spider III 15
"The Weapon" (Dan Donegan artist series pedal)
Acoustic Epiphone PR6E-TB [translucent black] (discontinued guitar)
Last edited by schismed at Jul 6, 2008,
You could always try. Or try to find it used. I know the GC near me has a Hellraiser non-FR I believe for like $450.
Quote by schismed
You need to go down there this weekend! Guitar Center is having a "List Event."
Theres a bunch of stuff on those lists. Cant begin to tell you the amount of stuff they have marked down below there price.

I went down there, but most of the discounted stuff was accessories, not actually guitars or amps. But I did get an 10% discount on a new amp, so I guess that was an ok deal.
Saint Louis Blues
You're better off going to a little Music Shop. There's a small shop here in my town called the Musicians Den that carries Dean, Schector, Luna, Orange, Krank, and other names that aren't in your typical large chain Distrubitor

Honestly I get tired of going into Guitar Center anymore. Looking at a wall of 9 different Strats and 30 Les Pauls just doesn't float my boat.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
i posted this before but drumcityguitarland.com has hellraiser new for 500$