That he has an old Fender precision bass that he wants to sell to me for 180-200 so it seems like a good deal to me, but the headstock has been cleared and this is no name brand or serial number to read off and he tells me the only label it has on the entire bass is "Affinity Series" which made me think, "wow this is a squire". He said this bass was out before the squires even were made so my question is whether or not the fenders could have been labeled "Affinity Series" or if the dudes trying to rip me off? Thanks.
He's trying to rip you off. No one removes a Fender label from the headstock for any reason.
Sounds very much like a squire to me...you should beat the guy to death with it.
Nico is right. It's a ripoff. A used Fender standard anything should go for at least 300 or more. He'd be ripping you off even if you were looking for a brand new Squier guitar.

Oh, and do make sure to beat him with it.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Buy it man, after that beat the living sh*t out of him and take your money and the bass with you. At least you'll have a bass and 200 bucks for customizing.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by d K A p S
That he has an old Fender precision bass that he wants to sell to me for 180-200 so it seems like a good deal to me, but the headstock has been cleared and this is no name brand or serial number to read off and he tells me the only label it has on the entire bass is "Affinity Series" which made me think, "wow this is a squire". He said this bass was out before the squires even were made so my question is whether or not the fenders could have been labeled "Affinity Series" or if the dudes trying to rip me off? Thanks.

perhaps he is misinformed? i would pay no more than $100. there is only one reason
people remove decals. they are trying to "hide" the fact it's a Squier. for me, no serial number means no deal, as it's likely stolen. brand new Affinity Series P basses sell for $180. used? $100.
Just say, hey Dont bull **** me I know its squire, and I'll give you 100 bucks or nothing.he'll either grudgingly sell it to you or accuse you of cheating him and refuse to sell it for that much.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Aright thanks dudes, the affinity series thing is what really made me suspicious, but just had to check with you guys