what the eff! i play my acoustic for upwards of 8 hours a day sometimes only stopping when my finger tips hurt too much to fret, but i got an electric and i haven't even played for two hours and my wrist KILLS.
Probably the thinner neck making you have a different hand position, you'll get used to it.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Try to experiment with your hand postition, you may be angling it differently, making it hurt.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by AlucardZero
Probably the thinner neck making you have a different hand position, you'll get used to it.

sounds about right, the neck i have is known for being very thin. what electrics are known for having fatter necks, in general?
Well Les Pauls have pretty beefy necks.
What kind of guitar do you have now?
What kind of music is it used for?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
even a les pauls neck isnt nearly as wide as an acoustics, plus the action on acoustics are much higher in general

you just need to adjust to the change I'd suggest sticking to finger and co-rordination exercises for a little bit till you've got the feel of it
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Well Les Pauls have pretty beefy necks.
What kind of guitar do you have now?
What kind of music is it used for?

i have an ibanez roadstar from the 80s...hold on let me find the model number..RG440PL...and i dunno i play everything man..but mostly like 90's rock(grunge), classic rock, metal and ya... i don't have an amp anymore which sucks. and i'm having trouble sweep picking and playing fast cleanly on my electric too, which i thought was supposed to be easier? i guess i just have to get used it.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 6, 2008,
i have the same problem....except when i play acoustic....now im in a brace for two weeks...and cant play at all....well i returned my takamine i bought and ordered a rr24 instead....no pain with electric but once i started acoustic...the pain started
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I figure the action on the acoustic might do it. I know I can't play an acoustic for too long before straining because of the action and the strings. I was forced to change the strings on one of my dad's acoustics because they were so old and rusty, they felt like razors and were real stiff.
Just stop jerking.

But seriously, my wrist hurted at first too, you just need to get used to it.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality