Page 1 of 2
Just to complement my future amp, what is the best blues pedal for under $100?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
BM does the trick.

Bad monkey by digitech that is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
mod a boss blues driver. it's sweet.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Yeah, any overdrive.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Considering the Digitech Screaming Blues.
Quote by chip46
Mod a Blues Driver probably.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
A crappy amp right now, but going for a Twin or Super Reverb. I want a Hey Joe sound, the solo type blues sound.
Quote by chip46
I don't really wanna mod anything, thanks though.
Quote by chip46
Ugh...

Alright, perhaps go for the various modded OD's on the bay.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Someone used a Bad Monkey, and it sounded so much like SRV, and he played through a Crate, so it must be good.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Someone used a Bad Monkey, and it sounded so much like SRV, and he played through a Crate, so it must be good.

or, more than likely, the guy playing was good.
ive heard good players play through berhinger solid states and was blown away with what they were doing.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The SD-1 by Boss, would that give a Hey Joe/ Texas Flood sound?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
The SD-1 by Boss, would that give a Hey Joe/ Texas Flood sound?

maybe hey joe. the solo in that just had a very tiny bit of break up, it was actually a pretty clean sound. it wouldnt do the Texas flood sound. ol' Stevie palyed a fender vibroverb being driven by a tubescreamer and a 150 watt dumble steel string singer simultaneously on that recording. its a tough tone to nail.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IsiYjpu56wE This is the Bad Monkey.
Quote by chip46
A stock SD1 is actually kind of mediocre for the price.
It's a great platform for modding though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you want the classic Texas blues tone, I would recommend to anybody a TS9 Turbo TubeScreamer. I think they go for about £90, but they don't come with a power supply, so you could pick up a universal one for about 5 or 10 quid.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Boss Blues Driver, it runs about $70 great pedal. Or Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. Those are pretty close to $100, and sound amazing.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
mod a boss blues driver. it's sweet.

Do that a modded blues driver sounds incredible. Bad Monkeys are awesome for the money as well.
what's your future amp gonna be?

For some good blues, let your amp do the work, and add just a little gain with a pedal, just to boost the solo's
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
A Super Reverb, Vibrolux, Twin Reverb, or Deluxe Revervb, whichever I find the best deal on. I'm looking at the OD-3 or Digitech Hardwire Tube OD thing.
Quote by chip46
I guess you will have to just try out some at a store and see what you like.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Keeley mod on Boss Blues Driver can nail it, or a Maxon OD808. Unsigned, darkarbitr and chea speak the truth.
i use a zakk wylde overdrive and i love it, its just like a fulltone ocd with less gain. it does a great job just overdriving the amp and giving it a warm sound, i strongly recommend it
Quote by Thefallofman
Bad Monkey > stock BD-2

I can get a great SRV/Hey Joe sound out of mine.

For blues, Screamin Blues>Bad Monkey.

I like the Screamin Blues more than the BD-2 anyway.
I've heard the Digitech pedals sucked compared to Boss, but I don't believe it.
Quote by chip46
it seems to me the ts has ingored all of our suggestions

SRV used a tube screamer so either get a ts-9 (or a used ts-808)

bad monkeys are tubescreamer clones so if you want to even get 2 since they're ~50 (srv did this) go fo rit

Quote by lespaul#1

this is for like the digitech death metal pedal. the bad monkey is not bad by any stretch

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'll recommend the Bad Monkey.

I run a frontman 212R amp (because I like the clean channel, a lot, and it was dirt cheap. 50% off marked price) and I can't stand its overdrive channel. It is OK, but it is missing any expressive tone that it could have.

The clean channel driven by a bad monkey, however, is great. Very touch responsive, and very versatile. I can get a bit of the stevie punch. Best $90 (aussie) I spent.
I figured SRV toured with two 808's in case one crapped out on him during a show.
Quote by lespaul#1

not all digitech pedals are worse than boss pedals, and not all boss pedals are worse than digitech pedals.

they both make some crap pedals and some good ones.

get a modded blues driver!
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

I didn't meant to ignore your suggestions, but I don't want anything modded. How thick can the Bad Monkey get?
Quote by chip46
Actually, I have been looking into one of those Keeley BD2's lately.
They sound pretty nice, and they are very well liked. Too bad I can't try one out. I'm getting a burst of extra cash in, and I may spring for a Keeley BD2 and a clean boost of some kind, among other things.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I like my boss bd-2.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by lespaul#1
I didn't meant to ignore your suggestions, but I don't want anything modded. How thick can the Bad Monkey get?

aw man

from what i hear, the bad monkey isn't the greatest standalone overdrive, but for pushing amps and adding some gain to an already overdriven amp it's great.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

That's why I didn't really want a Digitech, what could the Screamng Blues do without a pushed amp, I want a pedal I can push an amp with, but I also want one that can standalone if I can't play too loud. And DarkArby, there's demoes of the Keely BD-2 on Youtube, just search Bd-2.
Quote by chip46
Oh, to answer your question, yeah, the screamin blues is a good standalone OD.
It works good as a boost too, but I'd prefer a bad monkey for a clean boost.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Basically, I want an OD that can do both.
Quote by chip46
Page 1 of 2