Okay I've had a lot of help concerning guitars, pickups, pedals etc etc. They all seemed to come to a similar conclusion, my Line 6 Spider III 75W is no good. It's about time I had a change anyway.

I want the benefits of some EMGs, distortion pedals and so on. I play mainly metal/hard rock music. I'm looking for something under £500 (preferably, the cheaper the better ) I know this budget won't get me an amazing amp but it's a start. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
For 520 quid, you can get a Bugera 6260 combo... if that's too much though, you could pick up a Randall RG50TC, which has a little less gain but isn't quite as fizzy.

Or, if you don't need gigging/ jamming volumes, you could get a JSX Mini Colossal for less than both of those.
Okay cool, thanks. I'll take a look.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

JSX Mini Colossal - 5 watts for $600?

that must be one rape-ass amp.

EDIT: i listened to it and it doesn't sound too shabby. still that's pretty expensive for only 5 watts.
Last edited by gnomieowns at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
For 520 quid, you can get a Bugera 6260 combo... if that's too much though, you could pick up a Randall RG50TC, which has a little less gain but isn't quite as fizzy.

Or, if you don't need gigging/ jamming volumes, you could get a JSX Mini Colossal for less than both of those.

I'd be more inclined to go for the Bugera 333, but the 6262 is a good call too..the only thing you can do is try them

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77029
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77028
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The RG50TC does look pretty good, judging by reviews and prices (fairly cheap). So I think I'm gonna try that one in-store.

Other suggestions are still welcome.

Edit: The 333 looks pretty tasty too, and still quite cheap...I think I'll take my time over this, 'cus usually I rush in and buy something straight away.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

Last edited by 24fretsftw at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by 24fretsftw
The RG50TC does look pretty good, judging by reviews and prices (fairly cheap). So I think I'm gonna try that one in-store.

Other suggestions are still welcome.

Edit: The 333 looks pretty tasty too, and still quite cheap...I think I'll take my time over this, 'cus usually I rush in and buy something straight away.

You should take your time, chooisng amps is fun - just make sure you take your own guitar. It means you know how the amp sounds with your own stuff, and it also tells the shop "I mean business"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You should take your time, chooisng amps is fun - just make sure you take your own guitar. It means you know how the amp sounds with your own stuff, and it also tells the shop "I mean business"

Always take your time with these decisions, explore all options. Every point in Mark's post is spot on. Salespeople take notice when you bring in your gear. They know you aren't just killing time. (Their time).
so just take my guitar in and try out the amp? sounds cool When I bought my current amp they didn't want to help much, just kind of watched me play to hurry me up.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon