How do you actually practice ear training?

I have this program called ear trainer or something and it have these areas of training.

Intervals, Scales, Chords, and etc
There's heaps of different drills you can do. My Ear Training consists of three times a day excercises.

At the start of my session I do Intervals. In this I play an interval and sing it and spell it and sing it again up and down. I stay on an interval until I think I've got it pretty good then go on to the next. I do this for 15 minutes.

At the end of the session I do chords. I do this by playing random notes three or four at a time. Then I try to pick out each note and sing it. Then I figure out the note names the chord name and the intervals and say it all out loud and play the whole thing again and sing the notes again.

At night when I hop in bed I have the lights off and lie there with my guitar and play a note and let it ring. I just listen to the note and think of it's name. Even when the string stops vibrating I still hear the note long after in my head. Then after thinking of the note for a couple minutes without the guitar I'll hum the note in my head and check it by playing the note again. I do this till I'm ready to sleep then I put the guitar down next to my bed and go to sleep with the note still in my mind. I spend about a week on each note.

I test myself on a website once a week to see if I'm improving. I don't always get everything right. In the beginning it was really hard I was totally crap. But Im getting better.

EDIT: ear training can be pretty crappy compared to actually playing - so it takes real discipline. For the first two exercises I set the timer for 15 minutes and don't stop until the timer goes off.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Jul 6, 2008,