ok, so i have a band, that has some good friends of mine. were pretty good, played a couple of gigs, have about 5 original songs. anyways for the past 2 to 3 months or so,our drummer, he's had this leg problem. he says that his legs give out (for fast double bass). he's not that good at drums.
well i asked him how come his legs hurt and then give out? he responed "its because we practice too much". i think this is bullsh|t since summer, we only have a chance to practice once a week, I.O.W(in other words) every saturday since our vocalist went away for some job crap. well i pisses me off, and everybody in the band off, because he can call band practice off anytime he wants, and its agrivating. i have 2 other friends that are insanly good at drums, 1 lives like 45 mins away from were we all live. and the 2nd one we can get, but has a job, but i dont think taht would be a big of deal, BUT is moving to florida once he finishes high school, which would be in june 2009. they play drums every single day, and their legs don't give out and such. i think my drummer is bullsh!t!ng us. and my friends tell us that he is holding us back. i would hate for us to have to stop in a middle of a show, because of his wining ass.

want do you guys think, 1. he's BSing us
2. should kick him out
3. find a new drummer.
4. other possible options.
Last edited by Zeroxsk8er1 at Jul 6, 2008,
Here's what to do:

1. Start writing coherent sentences that effectively convey what you are saying.

2. Kick him and get another drummer, perhaps the one that's moving away, you could probably find another one by the time he has to move.

Good luck!
Dorkus.
Quote by Shortcut
Here's what to do:

1. Start writing coherent sentences that effectively convey what you are saying.

2. Kick him and get another drummer, perhaps the one that's moving away, you could probably find another one by the time he has to move.

Good luck!

yeah that might work.
Give him the ultimatum you're giving us, either improve or leave the band, its that simple, because he is clearly repalceable...
I just told him either buck ur ideas up or you need to leave because you are pissing me off aswell as the rest of the band.
Or say the other guys are looking to go in another musical direction without you as we feel your not the right drummer for us.

Edit, the current bassist became the drummer and found a new bassist and now were writing our first album!
Quote by Rusty_axe
I just told him either buck ur ideas up or you need to leave because you are pissing me off aswell as the rest of the band.
Or say the other guys are looking to go in another musical direction without you as we feel your not the right drummer for us.

Edit, the current bassist became the drummer and found a new bassist and now were writing our first album!

nice. ill tell all the other band members.
get the fellow who is moving in 2009, and maybe before then, it will show your drummer what a dick he was, and he'll want to come back.
i say call up the drummer and tell him ur balls hurt cause u guys practice to much and see wat he says, lol.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Oy vey. This is **** you've gotta work out before you record
Ditch this shmuck and get somebody who's serious about the music.
Seriously, this guy sounds like a chump. If his legs give out he should be playing MORE not less. He should also consider running. If he's just lazy I'd say kick him out.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
ok, so i have a band, that has some good friends of mine. were pretty good, played a couple of gigs, have about 5 original songs. anyways for the past 2 to 3 months or so,our drummer, he's had this leg problem. he says that his legs give out (for fast double bass). he's not that good at drums.
well i asked him how come his legs hurt and then give out? he responed "its because we practice too much". i think this is bullsh|t since summer, we only have a chance to practice once a week, I.O.W(in other words) every saturday since our vocalist went away for some job crap. well i pisses me off, and everybody in the band off, because he can call band practice off anytime he wants, and its agrivating. i have 2 other friends that are insanly good at drums, 1 lives like 45 mins away from were we all live. and the 2nd one we can get, but has a job, but i dont think taht would be a big of deal, BUT is moving to florida once he finishes high school, which would be in june 2009. they play drums every single day, and their legs don't give out and such. i think my drummer is bullsh!t!ng us. and my friends tell us that he is holding us back. i would hate for us to have to stop in a middle of a show, because of his wining ass.

First off....... if his legs are hurting or "giving out" after doing double bass...... there is likely a problem in his technique that needs to be addressed. However, he shouldn't be whining about it like it is your fault. As for him crying about it being because of the practice schedule...... that is just pussy. He sounds like he's one of those types that wants to be in a band just so he can say "i'm in a band." I had this same problem in my last band (almost the exact same excuses too, except it was a guitar player... so substitute different limbs as needed)... so i'm gonna say you should probably just give him the axe. However, even though it may seem like your other comrades are pissed at him right now.... make sure they are not going to puss out on you when it comes time to fire him or else you could wind up being the one out of the band.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1

need help with annoying drummer!

Hmmmm, gaffer tape his drumsticks to the ceiling above his kit. Because drummers naturaly stoop, he'll never find 'em.

Well it always annoys our drummer.

Ok seriously, your drummer sounds like he's simply lacking stamina, in which case the obvious answer is to drum more or to train his legs for stamina some other way. The fact that he seems unwilling to do this and infact blames the band for practicing too often rather than admit it to himself would suggest he's lazy.

I'd normaly say give him a warning then hif he doesn't improve, sack him, but if you have two possible replacement now (which is a rarety, decent drummers are notoriously difficult to find) it may be far simpler to just let him go. He doesn't sound like a serious musician so he won't realy be losing anything.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 21, 2009,