ok so hear me out, I have a Epiphone Special II and a Fender 15R. My friend from school has a Jackson Dk2 the guitar i want, and a nice peavey(forgot the exact name) but better gear opens up more sound to explore. I mean i made some easy power chord/ open note riffs that were simple but sounded good but on my guitar they sounded muddy and just plain bad. I do however plan to buy new gear but when i feel ready but that day i was sort of sold that sometimes better gear can make you sound good(not in a cheap bad way). What do you guys think?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
ok so hear me out, I have a Epiphone Special II and a Fender 15R. My friend from school has a Jackson Dk2 the guitar i want, and a nice peavey(forgot the exact name) but better gear opens up more sound to explore. I mean i made some easy power chord/ open note riffs that were simple but sounded good but on my guitar they sounded muddy and just plain bad. I do however plan to buy new gear but when i feel ready but that day i was sort of sold that sometimes better gear can make you sound good(not in a cheap bad way). What do you guys think?

I think the notion that better gear gives you better sound is an EXTREMELY accurate statement.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Well...Yeah...better gear usually improves your sound. But if a man can't play on a Squier , he will not play great on a Fender.
Quote by stinger12345
I think the notion that better gear gives you better sound is an EXTREMELY accurate statement.

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Learning on crap gear makes you a better player in the long run, as you have to work harder to get a good sound...
Quote by RoamingConflict
Well...Yeah...better gear usually improves your sound. But if a man can't play on a Squier , he will not play great on a Fender.

Isn't Squier made by Fender?

Try the Vox amp series. Even a smaller one is fairly priced and they all sound great.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Bad gear discourages players.

But, bad players ruin good gear.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by schismed
Isn't Squier made by Fender?

Try the Vox amp series. Even a smaller one is fairly priced and they all sound great.

Yes, Squier is made by Fender. I just tried to compare a lower end company with a higher end company if that makes sense.

And +1 to the Vox
Last edited by RoamingConflict at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by acdcfan1556
yes but they are not the same thing

Agreed! None the less,seemed like there should of been something else there. Like he left something out. Ya know.. Strat, Tele... etc. etc.

Anywho... you could also try getting a small amp like mine.

Quote by schismed
Agreed! None the less,seemed like there should of been something else there. Like he left something out. Ya know.. Strat, Tele... etc. etc.

Anywho... you could also try getting a small amp like mine.

Hopefully not the same as yours...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Tone is all in the fingers if your playing classical, but last time I checked you can neither EQ your fingers nor use them to increase overdrive.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Quote by Simsimius
Hopefully not the same as yours...

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I never claimed to have great gear numb nuts. I appears to be trying to budget his gear as I have to. You know, family, bills, that sort of stuff comes to mind.

He means the Spider dude...
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Quote by schismed
WTF is that supposed to mean?

I never claimed to have great gear numb nuts. I appears to be trying to budget his gear as I have to. You know, family, bills, that sort of stuff comes to mind.

He means the spider since they aren't good for the price.
Quote by BenRaah
Learning on crap gear makes you a better player in the long run, as you have to work harder to get a good sound...

I disagree. Learning with crap gear can be disappointing when you're trying to get as close to the original tone as possible (if you're playing a song by your favorit band or whatever). If it sounds like **** and not much like the original alot of beginners might just give up since they cant get the tone.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
I knew what he meant. More or less I meant why bash my gear?
I just hate smartass people making remarks about other peoples crap. It may be crap, but its MY crap.
I may not have a 100-200watt amp, but I just have a hard time seeing spending that kind of money when I rarely turn mine up past halfway to begin with. The effects I get out of my pedal and the amp combined sound fine to me.

Quote by lokster
I disagree. Learning with crap gear can be disappointing when you're trying to get as close to the original tone as possible (if you're playing a song by your favorit band or whatever). If it sounds like **** and not much like the original alot of beginners might just give up since they cant get the tone.

i agree.......
Quote by schismed
I knew what he meant. More or less I meant why bash my gear?
I just hate smartass people making remarks about other peoples crap. It may be crap, but its MY crap.
I may not have a 100-200watt amp, but I just have a hard time seeing spending that kind of money when I rarely turn mine up past halfway to begin with. The effects I get out of my pedal and the amp combined sound fine to me.

We aren't bashing your crap, we are just letting the thread starter know that he shouldn't buy your amp when you said "you should buy a small amp like mine"