Page 1 of 3
Well it finally happened. My LP fell face first on the floor and the neck is cracked . Now.. i was never too happy with this ****ing guitar but damnit its my only one. Can i get a new neck or what? I would love to put a 57/58 neck on it. How much will this cost if its even possible?

The guitar neck DID NOT come off. Its cracked on the top side of the neck where your thumb would go and the other side of that. Small cracks. but it totally threw the intonation off and it the high e is sitting on the fretboard.

ill try and get some pics up asap.
gibson necks are not made for replacing. youll have to get it fixed or do it yourself, which is near impossible.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
I'm really am not sure but I think it would be pretty hard to replace a neck-thru guitar, but like I said I'm kinda talking thru my ass.

Did it fall off a guitar stand?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by fafinaf
**** it then im buying a strat.

Good boy. LP's imo are feckin terrible, feel bad, sound bad and are way overrated and common.
Hey, even Slash's Les Paul has a crack in the neck.

Just find a very good luthier, and pray that things turn out okay.

If the luthier is good, it should make it out okay.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Anthony1991
Good boy. LP's imo are blah blah blah way overrated blah blah.

I concur.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by Anthony1991
Good boy. LP's imo are feckin terrible, feel bad, sound bad and are way overrated and common.

That's quite a statement, considering half of the guitar community say the same thing about Strats. I'm not one of them, i'm just saying.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Anthony1991

+1.

I personally, have never been able to get into Fender, Gibson, or B.C. Rich, the three biggest names (Atleast to the public). If you are going to get a new guitar, Try all brands out first and pick one that feels best to you. Like for me, the only guitar the really sings to me are Ibanez's.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Well I appreciate everyones opinion and help.

I really didnt like this guitar. but its a shame to just ditch it.. so what im going to do is definitely buy a strat.. im thinking the new amer standards. then later on ill get the LP fixed.

Yeah it did fall off the stand LOL!
You can always look on eBay for a neck, although it would be insanely extensive work to replace it. Not worth it IMO. You can always look for some shops and see if they'll fix it, chances are they could for not too much money. If you aren't happy with it, sell and get another guitar. If you like Strats, knock one over all you want, tons of people make necks for them.
My friend put a graphite Moses neck on his P-bass, just before he was gonna put it on he dropped it and cracked the two last frets and had to have it fixed. It felt so nice though.
My Ibanez fell face down and there are cracks in the body, but they don't reach down into the wood. Just the clear coat finish is cracked, can this be fixed?
Quote by fafinaf

strats are a huge difference from a les paul. make sure you play one before you buy it.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Anthony1991

+1 and their too damn heavy. get a strat.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by Anthony1991

Bit of pot calling the kettle black.

TS, if it's still functioning, just keep the guitar, you won't get much resale with a crack in it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just think the Les Paul neck is a little too fat for my liking.. I love a smalllll neck!
Quote by gander93
My Ibanez fell face down and there are cracks in the body, but they don't reach down into the wood. Just the clear coat finish is cracked, can this be fixed?

yea its called repainting
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
i had a BC Rich with a cracked kneck. the crack was on the back of the kneck and went all the way through the wood except the fret board. i superglued it and now its fine. i dont even notice theres was a crack
Quote by red star
strats are a huge difference from a les paul. make sure you play one before you buy it.

for sure, i used to own one

but good advice
Quote by fafinaf
I just think the Les Paul neck is a little too fat for my liking.. I love a smalllll neck!

Buy a Les Paul with a 60's neck then.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
I had a Les Paul, and the neck on it cracked just like yours did. I ended up selling it on eBay for $600.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
+1.

I personally, have never been able to get into Fender, Gibson, or B.C. Rich, the three biggest names (Atleast to the public). If you are going to get a new guitar, Try all brands out first and pick one that feels best to you. Like for me, the only guitar the really sings to me are Ibanez's.

B.C. rich one of the three biggest names? Ibanez is a way bigger name.
Quote by fafinaf

LOL +1000000000000000
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I assume you'd be getting rid of that LP, studio then? If you'd be willing to sell it, let me know.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
I assume you'd be getting rid of that LP, studio then? If you'd be willing to sell it, let me know.

I'll take some pics of it. send me your email address in a PM :]
If it can be glued your in luck if not its firewood. It will cost more than a new LP studio to get the neck replaced.
for me, id never leave a $$$$ guitar out of its case if im not holding it
It should be stronger once repaired (by a professional) than it was before it broke. Pretty much everyone I know who has an LP or SG has a repaired headstock. Unless you're extremely diligent it's going to get cracked at some point.
dude see if its still on warrenty?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by Anthony1991

You go die.

Les Paul>Strat.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by The Charm
You go die.

Les Paul>Strat.

Telecaster > All.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
i had a BC Rich with a cracked kneck. the crack was on the back of the kneck and went all the way through the wood except the fret board. i superglued it and now its fine. i dont even notice theres was a crack

A kneck eh?

Seems a lot of people on this forum spell so many common words wrong.
Quote by stinger12345
I'm really am not sure but I think it would be pretty hard to replace a neck-thru guitar, but like I said I'm kinda talking thru my ass.

Did it fall off a guitar stand?

You just made a fool of your self. Les Pauls are set necks.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

If you can afford an LP why complain about which guitar you use!?!

on topic: you can get a new neck set in if: you can find a damn good lutier and you're willing to pay for it, which it appears you arnt.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
you can probably get it fixed. i've seen cracked off headstocks repaired.

fix it and sell it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Tomo J O
Telecaster > All.

+1

Quote by jj1565
you can probably get it fixed. i've seen cracked off headstocks repaired.

fix it and sell it.

hey...jenny's always right
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by hendrix_128
+1 and their too damn heavy. get a strat.

u think les pauls are heavy? that seriously made me lmfao. anyone who thinks any guitar instrument is heavy is pathetically weak..... im 5,10 with no arm muscles and play bass and guitar, neither of them are heavy. its 10 pounds around your SHOULDERS, possibly one of the most powerful part of your body.

but i disgress.

lp necks are a bitch to replace, dont bother. But i wouldnt switch over to a strat if you hated the lp but liked the tone, they're WAY different. invest in something thats not gibson or fender, has humbuckers and a decent floyd rose.

thats my 2 cents anyway.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Page 1 of 3