First: My guitar is an Eric Clapton signature strat.
A month ago, when I replaced my strings, I noticed that the E and A started buzzing especially around the 5th fret.
I thought, well, it might be the strings, so I replaced the two buzzy ones.
You probably guessed - it didn't work, and my gentle eric clapton, when playing on those 2 strings, sounds like fart.
I tried playing a bit with the tremolo - the buzzing stayed exactly the same.
It can't be the frets, since the guitar was perfectly fine when I bought it, and the buzzing started right after the first string replacement.

Any suggestions?
Maybe it isn't set up right. I had a guitar store setup my bass because it buzzed a little, cost me $27 I believe. But yeah a gauge change might do it also.
I replaced to 0.09, I'm not sure whether the original strings were 0.10 or 0.09.
Sometimes if you change gauges there is more/less stress on the neck, bending it a little bit. Get someone professional to check/adjust your truss rod, action and intonation (if you want)
Quote by PhoenixFear
Maybe it isn't set up right. I had a guitar store setup my bass because it buzzed a little, cost me $27 I believe. But yeah a gauge change might do it also.

I guess I'll have have her checked out, but if you think about something I can do by myself, it'll be appreciated.
Did you adjust the bridge height at all on the fifth and sixth? Sometimes the hex screws come loose at least when I change my strings (American Deluxe Strat) and an action adjustment is in order.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Last edited by Deathcabforpat at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by Deathcabforpat
Did you adjust the bridge height at all on the fifth and sixth?

Nope, it's just like it was when I bought it (and it was totally fine then).
Quote by Roy1232
Nope, it's just like it was when I bought it (and it was totally fine then).

Thats probably your problem. Some of the American Strats randomly change saddle height after string replacement and you have to use the hex wrench that should have came with your guitar to adjust the string height accordingly. It would be unheard of for it to be the truss rod if you just changed the strings from 9 to 10, not nearly enough tension to matter.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Yeah, I guess that's it.
The problem - the hex key doesn't fit :\
I guess I'll take her to a shop to adjust the string height.