Hey!

Completely new here (although i have used this site for Tabs many times i have not been to the forums xP) and i am in a little dilema!

I have recentley returned to play guitar again after a year of being guitar-less due to an unfortunate event that i shall not bother stating as 1. its a waste of your time, 2. it pains me to think about it! I had an Epiphone SG Standard and it was a great little first guitar that i used for punk-rock, grunge, abit of metal, indie and other alternative stuff. Now i am back after coming into some spare money and have the funds to get a new set-up! Bigger and better (as i have missed my Guitar so much and i really want to better myself and enjoy the wonderful instrument) and i need your advice on a new amp!

I am soon to be getting my new Ibanez SA220FM which i have finally decided on getting as it should cover all my needs for a sturdy broad-range guitar for a decent price. Now i have looked around for amps, looking at reviews after reviews after reviews and i really cannot decide on which would be best for my guitar =/.

Looking for about 30 Watt's (maybe higher) that is accessable for a footpedal, mainly focused on good distortion/gain ect for simply alone practice or jamming with some friends. Prices between £50-120 (on a budget so this will have to do for now!) and i would be eternally grateful for any feedback or suggestions!

Thanks for reading =]
roland cube
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
roland cube indeed. or, if you don't like the looks of it (because we all know how important looks were with out first amp ), check out the vox valvetronix range.
they're a little better for cleans, and mid gain stuff, but the cube excells (sp?) at higher gain stuff (ie metal).

^^bad idea.
Get the Line 6 Spider III with 30 watts.
Last edited by gander93 at Jul 6, 2008,
ive always been wondering about the cubes. do they have a nice heavey sound on them? and ive also heard there was some kind of new cube anp with sound depressers, are they good?
Quote by gander93
Get the Line 6 Spyder III with 30 watts.

i'm pretty sure you're kidding, but the threadstarter won't realize that.

watch out with that kind of statements in a thread like this
^Pah-leese quit with the Spider III stuff. TS - Roland MicroCube or Vox Da5. Both are great cheap portable practice amps. MicoCube does metal better of the two.
dude the spiders are great for a first or second amp cause they have a wide variety of tones so u can find ur sig sound then up grade to a better amp to improve the sig spund which is y im SELLING my spider 3 120 $300
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Spider III blows so please stop giving the TS false and ****ty information. The best bet for you TS would be to get a Roland Cube of some sort or a Vox Valvetronix.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Spiders are crap. Don't listen to anyone that tells you they are good, because they are absolutely dreadful.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
have any of you even played a spider before? like before everyone started hating them on the forums?

you would be better off with a vox. it offers better lower gained stuff, like the stuff you mentioned. it can still do metal, but it's nothing completely spectacular, and since you said a bit, it's not going to be much of a deal anyway. and from what i understand, it's probably going to be mainstream metal bands like Disturbed and System of a Down and such. you can pull those tones out, but you'll get a much better clean, and crunchier tone out of the vox than a cube.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
have any of you even played a spider before? like before everyone started hating them on the forums?

you would be better off with a vox. it offers better lower gained stuff, like the stuff you mentioned. it can still do metal, but it's nothing completely spectacular, and since you said a bit, it's not going to be much of a deal anyway. and from what i understand, it's probably going to be mainstream metal bands like Disturbed and System of a Down and such. you can pull those tones out, but you'll get a much better clean, and crunchier tone out of the vox than a cube.

our guitarist has one, so yeah...

+1 on the rest.