Poll: which Talk Box?
Poll Options
View poll results: which Talk Box?
Dunlop Heil
4 33%
Rocktron Banshee
8 67%
Voters: 12.
Okay, I am getting one of these talk boxes for my birthday in 9 days, and I want to know which is better?

I e-mailed Mooot Booxle', and he said that the Dunlop is a good one for guitars, because its driver picks up mid range stuff well, but the Rocktron Banshee is cool because it still does well on guitars, and works great for keyboards, and is also very convenient for live performances because it is self contained, no seperate amp required.

I have 2 amps and a microphone to accommodate the Dunlop.

I will be using this mainly for guitar, but some light keyboarding on the side just for fun.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
i'd say the banshee, because it is easy to set up and a has it's own contained pre amp, which is cool
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It is still a dead toss up for me.

The Banshee has its own preamp and stuff like that, but the Heil just seems so professional. It's the one people like Slash and Joe Walsh use.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
It is still a dead toss up for me.

The Banshee has its own preamp and stuff like that, but the Heil just seems so professional. It's the one people like Slash and Joe Walsh use.

I've seen a number of gigging musicians in my town using Banshees, so I'd say they're a safe bet.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Well, if you set up the heil wrong you can potentially blow your amp up....just a thought. Also, a talkbox like the Heil, if set up with an amp with too much power presents other potential issues, such as having high enough SPLs to rattle fillings from teeth, etc. Out of curiosity, what two amps would you run?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge