He was bases in blues. Check out Stevie Ray Vaughan, Muddy Waters, BB King, Freddie King.
You will really like Robert Randolph. He plays blues/soul/rnb. He's incredible
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
You might like Eddie Hazel, he was the guitarist for Funkadelic.

Also just like the above poster said, check out Robert Randolph and the Family Band, he's a pedal steel guitarist but he's still great.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Are there any songs in particular by Robert Randolph or anyone that are really good and are in the style I'm looking for?

I'm looking for songs in the style of little wing, lenny, bold as love, electric ladyland, etc. I youtube'd this one solo video by Robert Randolph and it was exactly what I was looking for but the stuff by the band was more blues to me. I'm a nooby at this though

Thanks for the replies so far
Alright, Lenny and the SRV version of Little Wing are blues inflected instrumentals, so from that I would say check out the song Maggot Brain by Funkadelic.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
SRV, Robin Trower
Gear:
Art & Lutherie Acoustic
Epiphone SG
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Vox AD30VT
Quote by srvflood
You might like Eddie Hazel, he was the guitarist for Funkadelic.

.. Mother earth is pregnent for the thiiird tiiime, for yall have knocked her up..

Oh man, that song (Maggot Brain) blew my mind the first time I heard it.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Eric Gales, he is a fairly unknown artist but is still really good, check out some of his little wing covers on youtube

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Robin Trower is fantastic, and has a similar style to Hendrix.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
You should listen to John Frusciante from the Red hot Chili Peppers. His live improvisations are quite often quite Hendrixy. He's an excellent guitarist.

I also recommend Robert Randolph.
Quote by Highbinder
Oh man, that song (Maggot Brain) blew my mind the first time I heard it.

Amazing song. I've never heard someone make a guitar sing so well and convey emotion like he did.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by slidething31
Alright, Lenny and the SRV version of Little Wing are blues inflected instrumentals, so from that I would say check out the song Maggot Brain by Funkadelic.

also try out "Scuttle Buttin" by SRV. my favorite song to play of his that is an instrumental. its his version of "Chickin Pickin" that Lonnie Mack wrote. Lonnie Mack is very good as well.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Robin Trower is fantastic, and has a similar style to Hendrix.

Pick up "Bridge of Sighs." His best work is on that album, "Day of the Eagle," "Bridge of Sighs," "Too Rolling Stoned," "A Little Bit of Sympathy." Hell, the whole album is great.
Quote by messiah01
Pick up "Bridge of Sighs." His best work is on that album, "Day of the Eagle," "Bridge of Sighs," "Too Rolling Stoned," "A Little Bit of Sympathy." Hell, the whole album is great.

Um, The Fool and Me? Don't forget that one.
I've apparently got some special edition of Bridge of Sighs that has some bonus tracks, one of which is "Alethea." It's probably my favorite song on the CD.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
pandora.com

Black Keys can be veeeeery hendrixy at times. Some Cream stuff is similar, some Who stuff is similar, those are like one song a piece though, so you'd be better off going with The Black Keys.
Quote by theneildeal

I saw him play with Clapton when they came to town..Boy, do they make an amazing duo!

PS: Want Hendrix-y music? Listen to Electric Mud, by Muddy Waters. I don't know why it was critically panned, it's a great album!
Robin Trower for sure. Vernon Reid from Living Color is also a pretty excellent guitarist.
people are gonna hate me for sayin this but some of the Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff has that hendrixy style....just the way john frushiante plays
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Frusciante knows how to rip Hendrix off, that's why he's similar, and that's why he's liked.
Last.fm

Try looking up some of Hendrix's influences if u want to know more about who sounds like him or actually who he sounds like if u want to put it that way. *****HINT---Buddy Guy----HINT**** Buddy Guy is probably on of his biggest influences and it is said that he was actually the grand father of phsycadelic blues rock wich Hendrix made famous. I also once read that Hendrix couldn't hear enough of early Billy Gibbons stuff back when ZZ Top was playing dirt floor bars in Texas... but i dunno just make your mind a sponge and suck it all up hehe
Ninjaz get Drunk freak out and kill people all the time and then totally wail on geetarz
Quote by theneildeal

Yeah, Robert Randolph is definitely an artist worth checking out in this case. You should also look into Robin Trower's music as well.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
The Black Keys sound alot like Hendrix sometimes.
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.