like if im playing a C power chord ill put my index finger on the 3rd fret of the A string, ring finger on 5th fret of D string, and pinky on 5th fret of G string...
is this normal..

i mena i see most people saying they play w/ just index pinky...seems strange to me

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
If it's comfortable for you then just play it that way. Nobody cares if anybody plays it different.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
is this basically just a 3 note power chord adding the octave?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
we all have our ways of doing things on the guitar mate, for example I hold my pick between my thumb and my middle finger, its just comfortable for me.
yeah, pretty much. i play it with my index on 3rd fret A, ring barred over the 5th frets of the D and G.
That's also how I play it.

I guess it's natural. All the people I know play 3-note powerchords like that.
yeh a lot of people i know use just 2 fingers using the 1st finger on the root and 3rd finger to barre the others. I play it like you described as i dont get a very clear sound with 2 fingers (i dont think my finger is strong enough maybe).
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
It's natural for starting out, but it doesn't sound as good as when you use three fingers. You can hold down the octave better and get a less buzzy sound. If you work on playing with three fingers for about a week, you'll feel stupid playing any other way. It's just better technique.
i do that too
although i dont always add the octave
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
That's how I play it. I think that's how a LOT of people play it too.

I wouldn't worry about it.
crazy talking animals
Some people like the sound of adding in the Octave (what you play with your pinky) And some people prefer the chords without them. I personally choose not to add the octave most of the time, although if it suits the song then i will play it. I find it usually brightens up the chord, but i play metal a lot so you can see where my tendencies come from
Its the same interval or power chord either way... if I'm playing with distortion I find that adding the octave with an extra finger really thickens the power chord.
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.
If I strum power chords I add the octave but normally I don't....and I switch between index + ring and index + pinky....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls