I take the test tommorow and I am kinda nervous. I know how to do pretty much all of the stuff on the test but I am still worried I will fail it. Any tips or suggestions that coud help me on the test?
you should just study more so you don't do any mistakes and get alot of sleep!

Good luck!
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Jul 6, 2008,
Don't be nervous. I found it helpful to chat with the examiner during the test to relax me a little. Also, don't give up if you make a mistake, I stalled and went 5mph more than the speed limit and I still passed. Good luck
hey i take my drivers test on thursday! but not like a written test. like actual driving stuff! for me liscense!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Really just pay attention to EVERYTHING. There's only 1 time in your whole life when you need to do everything right when driving, and it's during the driving test. Just suck it up and pay attention for that 30 mins. And relax, if you've been driving with your permit and are confident in your driving ability, you have nothing to worry about.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

When the instructor isn't looking, punch him/her in the face and then just get back to the starting place and when they wake up accuse them of falling asleep and refuse to retake the test.
dont be NERVOUS !?!?!??! thats YOUR priority

make sure YOU wont FAIL!!!

their might a subliminal message in it
yea keep it cool
speak to the instructor
he told me to shut up politly
i feel confortable when im talkin
=========

Nathnialm

====
i just took mine like 2 weeks ago. it was mostly common sense. no problem
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I take my test for my permit at the end of the month. Is it bad that I haven't been studying for it? Or is the test all common knowledge?

To not hijack your thread, my friend's brother said it was a pretty easy test. As long as you have been driving and know your stuff you should do fine. Just get a good nights sleep and eat a good breakfast.
Quote by holyvr
dont be NERVOUS !?!?!??! thats YOUR priority

make sure YOU wont FAIL!!!

their might a subliminal message in it

Nervous your you fail?
Quote by The_Paranoia
I take my test for my permit at the end of the month. Is it bad that I haven't been studying for it? Or is the test all common knowledge?

To not hijack your thread, my friend's brother said it was a pretty easy test. As long as you have been driving and know your stuff you should do fine. Just get a good nights sleep and eat a good breakfast.

the permit test was hard for me because i didnt study. it took me 3 times to pass it.
Quote by The_Paranoia

Are you taking the practical test or the written part? Here in the UK we have 2 parts to the test.
When you get in the car, adjust the rear view mirror. Lets the instructor know that you actually use it, which is always a help.
Quote by sebbowen
When you get in the car, adjust the rear view mirror. Lets the instructor know that you actually use it, which is always a help.

+1. Check ALL mirrors before setting off. When driving keeping checking them as well, not constantly, just every now and then.
do you have to call and make an appointment to take the test or can you just walk in and take it?
Quote by Rooster666
do you have to call and make an appointment to take the test or can you just walk in and take it?

I live in the UK and my driving instructor booked mine for me. It took about 4 weeks from him booking the test to me taking it which allowed me to brush up on stuff and be confident. I think you can book your own though but your car needs to be insured to do the test.
Quote by irnbrurules
Are you taking the practical test or the written part? Here in the UK we have 2 parts to the test.

In the US (or at least here) we only have a written part for the permit. Seeing as were technically never supposed to be in the drivers seat before we get the permit, they don't make you drive.
Quote by The_Paranoia
In the US (or at least here) we only have a written part for the permit. Seeing as were technically never supposed to be in the drivers seat before we get the permit, they don't make you drive.

Yeah... a bit scary though. "Oh, you got 85% of the answers right but you've never been behind the wheel of a car? Drive home!!!"

I take mine Tuesday, not really worried at all though. All I've got to do is drive a few blocks, do a 3- point turn, and drive back to the DMV.
Mirror signal manouever!

My dad said one of the most important things is to give your instructor a smooth ride, you don't want to give him the slightest reason for him to use the brake.

I have my test next month, I'm nervous, but excited too. Only thing is, mum will be at work so if I pass I'll have to wait before I can go out on my first drive on my own :P
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Mirror signal manouever!

My dad said one of the most important things is to give your instructor a smooth ride, you don't want to give him the slightest reason for him to use the brake.

I have my test next month, I'm nervous, but excited too. Only thing is, mum will be at work so if I pass I'll have to wait before I can go out on my first drive on my own :P

If he hits the brake it's an automatic fail

Happened on my first test, I passed the second...some moron came out of nowhere when I couldn't see him because of a van illegally parked next to a tight junction...he hit the brakes before I could
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Yeah that happened on my first test. I was doing ok and it was about 30 seconds before I was due to finish my test and I didn't see and old lady waiting to cross at a zebra crossing. She started to cross before I came up to it and the examiner had to use the breaks. It was then when I knew I had failed.
Quote by irnbrurules
Yeah that happened on my first test. I was doing ok and it was about 30 seconds before I was due to finish my test and I didn't see and old lady waiting to cross at a zebra crossing. She started to cross before I came up to it and the examiner had to use the breaks. It was then when I knew I had failed.

I saw someone screw up a reverse bay park before they'd even left the test center, he screwed it up horribly twice and then gave up in an awful position and failed...he had to do the rest of his test still.

I passed with 4 minors on my second try, and I got a very rural route in Middelsbrough, which goes along a huge industrial estate and generally avoids heavy traffic and menacing roads. It was almost perfect, I got my two favourite maneuvers aswell
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer