Yo dudes.. I was debating the fact to get a smaller amp, or to get an attenuator with my Mesa Boogie Roadster. I still haven't decided 100% yet but.. I wanna look at an attenuator. I've heard from different people to get a THD Hotplate, and from others to get a Weber.

What are the differences between the Resistor and the other one I forgot what it was. Help me out brahs, thanks. Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
You have a Master Volume mate, no need for an Attenuator. That'd be a waste of money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You have a Master Volume mate, no need for an Attenuator. That'd be a waste of money.

Um... Allan?

No.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Um... Allan?

No.

I'm just saying it's not a necessity, mind you, I play pretty loud at home.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Never tried the hot plate but my weber works great, really no tone suckage at all. Seeing how they're cheaper I don't see how you can go wrong.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It sounds great when I turn it up around 5-6 output and master but when I play with the output on 5 and master on 0-1 when I play at home or at night it just sounds like a bunch of fuzz.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

anyone?

Hotplate is always a good choice.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
my thd hotplate has no tone loss only when you put on max which im pretty sure that is the level for all attenuator to have tone loss
Was Hatebreeder right? I don't need an attenuator if I have a master volume?

Quote by tr3nt
Was Hatebreeder right? I don't need an attenuator if I have a master volume?

Nah, you said yourself when you take the master down it sounds bad, an attenuator would let you open up the master a lot more.

It still won't sound as good as actually cranking your amp, mind.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Nah, you said yourself when you take the master down it sounds bad, an attenuator would let you open up the master a lot more.

It still won't sound as good as actually cranking your amp, mind.

Really? Ouch.. Those things are expensive too..

p.s. i got my hotplate for 210, just look around ebay. alot of ppl are forced to sell theirs because of different ohms their new amps or cab have.
None of the music I play requires my gain to be past 5.. I play alot of pop punk, and rock.

Trent, get the weber. The one with the speaker motor.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Ok David :P. I'm trying to decide if I need one considering the price.

Hey Look for a Rockman powersoak on ebay GREAT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Soak-by-Tom-Scholz_W0QQitemZ300238608838QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there is one

and there is a BIN for 150 there to
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 6, 2008,
Weber MASS
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If I play on 50W and use the 16 ohm connection on the back of my amp to my cab which Weber would I need?

I'm gonna get the Weber Mass Lite 100. You'd need an attenuator rated at least 1.5 of your amp's wattage so 100w would work, and I think any of the Weber's will be able to do 4,8, or 16 ohms.
webers are switchable, unlike the overprice hotplates.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

a master volume only allows you to crank the preamp. for non metal players, power amp distortion is angelic.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I dunno if I should spend the money to get one. It' kind of like a love hate thing with my amp at low volumes depends on the day.. Also, Timi up there said they don't sound as good as being cranked with an attenuator.

Quote by tr3nt
I dunno if I should spend the money to get one. It' kind of like a love hate thing with my amp at low volumes depends on the day.. Also, Timi up there said they don't sound as good as being cranked with an attenuator.

wait, what?
this is what he was saying.
the very best: turning your amp up really loud.
next best: turning it up loud, and then using an attenuator.
worst: what your doing now, playing quietly
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Kevin Saale
webers are switchable, unlike the overprice hotplates.

Yeah, when it comes to impedance.... But the Hottplate will work with ANY wattage up to around 185 watts, and the weber won't..

It's as simples as this... you pick a hottplate by impedance, and you pick a webber by wattage...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator