I have a small 10w solid state practice amp that stopped working, the speaker is fine, but the sound is really faint, what's wrong with it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
You should take it apart and really mess around with it when its plugged in, totally safe.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by Deathcabforpat
You should take it apart and really mess around with it when its plugged in, totally safe.

Already tried that, lol.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I know the speakers fine because when I turn on the overdrive, I hear it faintly.
Quote by chip46
Do you have the volume up on your guitar? Is your patch chord good?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Patch cord?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Patch cord?

Really? Did you just ask that?

Your lead?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You mean the input cord, I know I'm stupid.
Quote by chip46
The cord works fine on my bass amp, which I resorted to playing through.
Quote by chip46
If you can't fix it, just leave it be. It wouldn't be worth fixing. Save up for a new amp.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I already am, I just wanted to know if I could fix it.
Quote by chip46
Well if the volume knob on your guitar isn't at 2, then you sir have a potential issue. If it isn't your cable between the amp and guitar, it's likely the amp. I never fixed a SS amp so I can't guess at costs.
Don't really try, ain't worth it.

Just grab your 12 gauge, a handful of slugs, and go to town on it!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Nice idea, thanks guys.
Quote by chip46
Most low price SS stuff just aint worth fixing. Unless its something glaringly obvious and easy to fix. But finding a bad chip or what ever could be difficult. I fixed a SS bass amp somebody gave me but only because the problem was pretty obvious. One of the pots was broken away from the board and I had a replacement pot to try.
when my 2 day old mg10 died, first it sounded really faint.

we opened it up and had to replace two pots to get it to work.
like said, usually not worth paying anything to get these things fixed, but if you want to learn how to, then it might be worth taking apart for fun.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011