http://www.music123.com/Acoustic-B410-400W-4x10-Bass-Cabinet-600775-i1400061.Music123

for 300 bucks.
How good is this?I know that acoustic is supposed to be a good company and I waas thinking about buying the Mag 600 to go with it.

The acoustic is 8ohms,however I dont know about the mag so im assuming its 4.This way,later on, I can add a 8ohm 15" cab.

sound like a good idea?

And how come they sell the mag600 at the same price as the mag300?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jul 7, 2008,
I'm not too sure but i think if you try running a 575 watt head through a 400 cab your going to blow the speakers.

Aside from that I have never tried any acoustic amps, but I do know that Ashdown make pretty good gear. My Ashdown sounds great imo and and was well worth it.
EDIT

Your totaly right.I just read the faq agin and it seems that i need to get the mag 300 instead
WRONG, look at the impedance. How much does the MAG 600 run at 8 ohms? It doesn't say on the site, but I'm assuming somewhere around 400 watts. Even if you're a little over it won't fry anything, but you should be close on the power rating. I suggest putting that Acoustic 1x15 under it, that way you can handle it for sure.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Speaker Outputs Minimum impedance 4 Ohms

I found that on the ashdown website.Which means it runs at 575 watts at 4 Ohms and probably half to 60% at 8 I guess.So Ill run it at 8 Ohms when Im just using the 410 and then I wire the 410 and 15 in parallel when I get the 15 and run the head at 4 Ohms.

By the way, how would I go about doing all of this? Ive never done anything like it before.
Last edited by c3powil at Jul 7, 2008,
You can power the cab fine off that amp. You'll only be sending upto 300W through to that cab which is less than the stated handling of the cab.

To hook it up, you need a speaker cable and put one end into one of the outputs on the amp and into the input of the cab.

When you want to hook up the second cab, you take a cable from the second output on the amp and into the input of the cab.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Ok,thanks,but that amp that I was talking about is now the MAG 600.
I was also talking about the MAG600

It might send 350W into one or 400W but it'll still be fine.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman

It might send 350W into one or 400W but it'll still be fine.

True, I was wrong. Sorry for that misleading comment.
Arrgghh...
Im so confused right now.
Your saying that its fine if I run the amp at 4 Ohms directly to the 410 acoustic speaker ?
Quote by c3powil
Arrgghh...
Im so confused right now.
Your saying that its fine if I run the amp at 4 Ohms directly to the 410 acoustic speaker ?

No, if you run the amp to one 8ohm speaker it will be running at 8 ohms. It will only run at 4 ohms when you get another 8 ohm speaker later on and hook them both up to the amp.

The amp automatically changes impedance to match the speakers you have hooked up to it, it will know that you are hooking one 8 ohm speaker up and will put out power at 8ohms.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
The amp automatically changes impedance to match the speakers you have hooked up to it
Sounds like someone didn't take electronics at school.

The 600 head would be fine with that cab. I haven't tried any of the new Acoustic stuff. I wouldn't go by the reputation of the old Acoustic stuff as an accurate guide to what the new stuff is like.
Well I AM going to try it at guitar center or somewhere before I buy it.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
No, if you run the amp to one 8ohm speaker it will be running at 8 ohms. It will only run at 4 ohms when you get another 8 ohm speaker later on and hook them both up to the amp.

The amp automatically changes impedance to match the speakers you have hooked up to it, it will know that you are hooking one 8 ohm speaker up and will put out power at 8ohms.

Right, thats what I thought at first.This would only be a problem if the cab was 4 Ohms.
Acoustic used to be a big name in the 70's. for $300 i'm thinking it will do fine, but don't expect it to compare with cabs that cost twice as much.