ok ive been playing guitar for a little less than a year. i play all the time a few hours each day, and for the length of time ive been playing i feel im not doing to bad as far as learning. but im having some trouble when it comes to doing solos. i try all the time but it just dont seem to click. i wanna shred. if anyone has any advice or can help it will be much appreciated.
Try blues pentatonic first. That's usually the way to go when you first start to learn the soloing technique. So, a lot of SRV etc etc...
If you want to learn shred, learn how to solo properly first.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

You DID try going slow first right?

You can't shred unless you can flow with your notes. Work on that first, buddy.

And I agree with the blues pentatonic post.
xxx

Let the bodies hit the floor.
wrong forum
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Learn your theory and memorize scales.

After that, you'll be able to solo much better than you can now, you'll just have to work up to shredding speed from there.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Ibanez Artcore AK95
Ibanez GRG 170 DX
Peavey Transtube 212 EFX
Quote by dean_reaper
ok ive been playing guitar for a little less than a year. i play all the time a few hours each day, and for the length of time ive been playing i feel im not doing to bad as far as learning. but im having some trouble when it comes to doing solos. i try all the time but it just dont seem to click. i wanna shred. if anyone has any advice or can help it will be much appreciated.

We arent magicians. We can't snap our fingers and learn to shred in the blink of an eye. Steve Vai didn't pick up a guitar one day and turn his guitar into woodchips.

You practice, you practice, you practice some more, and then you practice a little more than that. Patience is the key, and if you don't have the patience, you don't deserve to learn.

Good day to you.
Quote by B. Heath
wrong forum

Want a tissue?
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
try and sing solos

it sounds stupid

but it really amkes you think

next time you want to paly a solo

sing it instead

thenif you like bits
learn it on guitar

your voice doesn't follow the rules your figners follow
Originally posted by jklsadj;sadjfak
well, green day was at woodstock. so they are classic rock! i told you!
Originally posted by Iluvpowerchords
Pfff Gay people are Fags
Learn your scales and practice them A LOT and then you'll find that it's much easier when it comes to shredding
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Learn this:

The Searchbar by UG
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool