can anyone help me with adjusting the string tension on my electrig guitar...there are screws you can adjust the tension of the string with and i have no idea how they are supposed to be adjusted...people have told me that you are supposed to measure the same distance from the bottom of the 12th fret but i don't know where to measure to...any ideas?
down on the bridge where the screws go into the piece that holds them in placei have 6 screws that i can change to adjust how much they pull on the strings
so how do i go about adjusting them? tune the guitar normally and then just use those to fine tune it?
Quote by jak0be51
so how do i go about adjusting them? tune the guitar normally and then just use those to fine tune it?

noo, tune it up in standard E, play a 12th fret harmonic... and then fret the 12th fret, if the harmonic is sharper than the fretted not, adjust the intonation...

do this for all strings
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
If you're talking about setting the intonation...

First get ahold of a chromatic tuner. Then tune your guitar as close to pitch as you can (I'm talking within a few cents). Sound the natural harmonic on the 12th fret, and then fret the note on the 12th. If the freted note is sharper than the natural harmonic, you need to turn the screw counter-clockwise. If the freted note is flatter than the natural harmonic, you need to turn the screw clockwise. When the two notes are the same, your intonation is set.

You'll need to repeat this for every string.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
You dont need to readjust everything on the guitar just to change strings. If you change brands or gauge maybe then. But if same brand and same size strings then just put em on and see if it needs messed with first.