i know there has been a million threads on this issue, but i wanted to ask it specifically for myself. my guitar, an ibanez rg440pl with a LFR, the original ibanez edge, which is known for being a very good bridge, keeps on falling out of tune. my g string keeps on going flat, and because i have the locking nut i can't tune it back, as it is outside of the range of the fine tuner by this point (because it has happened three times today, each time only about a half step down so now my fine tuner won't go any further.) so i'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i should do. i am probably going to bring it in to get set up, as i haven't done so since i bought it, so will that fix the problem?
Unlock the locking nut and tune it...

You seem confused about floyd rose's so go read the sticky.
Quote by Copilot911
Unlock the locking nut and tune it...

You seem confused about floyd rose's so go read the sticky.

no. you seem confused. it's not SUPPOSED to be falling out of tune. i know how to tune my guitar man.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by mmjohn
how old are your strings?

i have no idea how old the strings are. that could very well be it.
Try to put some new strings.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by tona_107
no. you seem confused. it's not SUPPOSED to be falling out of tune. i know how to tune my guitar man.

No you seem to be confused. Every guitar, no matter how great the hardware is, will go out of tune from time to time.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
No you seem to be confused. Every guitar, no matter how great the hardware is, will go out of tune from time to time.

three times a day? and only one string? i don't think so.
I had this EXACT SAME problem - still havent solved it...

I havent tried this yet but that one G string may be slipping through the locking nut. to test this lock it down the tune the G string up - but BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK UR STRING (like i did) if it changes tune it probably is slipping in the locks.

Im not sure how to solve this (my string were old and I just changed them so that may be it) but havent tried to use to whammy after changing strings.

Please PM me if you figure this out PLZ!!
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Quote by Vinnie5
I had this EXACT SAME problem - still havent solved it...

I havent tried this yet but that one G string may be slipping through the locking nut. to test this lock it down the tune the G string up - but BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK UR STRING (like i did) if it changes tune it probably is slipping in the locks.

Im not sure how to solve this (my string were old and I just changed them so that may be it) but havent tried to use to whammy after changing strings.

Please PM me if you figure this out PLZ!!

well i'm gonna go to a guitar tech see what they can say.
ahhhhh what the eff all my tuners are working even though the locks are on?

whats going on : (
hmm on all the string? yet only the g string come out of tune??

wierd
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Quote by Vinnie5
hmm on all the string? yet only the g string come out of tune??

wierd

Really weird considering the bridge is floating.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots