I have about 500$ to spend on something good. I was wondering what pre-amp/amp/pedal/combo-amp or whatever I should get. Not really positive. Was hoping to sound like metallica and was hoping that the stuff would come from Musician's friend.
any help would be great.
I have no preferance over tubes or ss. Also, since I'm paying 500$ I would like it to be nice and loud.
Randall RG50TC, B-52 AT-112, Bugera amps etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I know, but I like to read what people have to say about it before I buy it.
Quote by Imetal

Go to harmony central than. There's a ton of reviews for every piece of gear you could think of there.
Quote by Imetal

The people who comment on MF are wankers for one. Plus, they always show positive reviews for everything.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've heard that the B-52's are unreliable and have flat tones or what not

Also, what is a good site to shop online with?
besides musician's friend
Last edited by Imetal at Jul 6, 2008,
5150s are regarded as the quintessential working man's metal amp... I'm suprised more people haven't listed them. Get Yngwi3 in here
I recommend one that puts out sounds.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
^^
Thanks for the awesome reply.
I'll look into the 5150, looks big and expensive, remember I only have about 500$.

BTW, a marshall 5150 or a peavey?
Quote by Imetal
^^
Thanks for the awesome reply.
I'll look into the 5150, looks big and expensive, remember I only have about 500$.

It's no longer in production as the 5150, its now in production as the 6505 (its the same amp, peavey changed it when eddie van halen dropped his endorsement) but the 5150s go for much cheaper. Check your local craigslist or ebay, maybe the used section of your music store.

Remember, you don't need a half stack
Haha, no def. not need a half stack, I don't want to have to pay for new windows too.
I can't find a used Marshall 5150 amp anywhere :O
Quote by Highwaytohell
5150s are regarded as the quintessential working man's metal amp... I'm suprised more people haven't listed them. Get Yngwi3 in here

I'l second that. Yngwi3 hello! The Traynor YCV50 and B-52 would be worth a look too though. All should be in the price range used depending on availability.