Hey guys,

I have a desktop microphone that's not a USB kind. There's a kinda big problem though. My computer isn't picking it up at all. I've been to several sites and asked many people and done what they've said, but nothing seems to work.

Just to get this out of the way:

- It is not muted.
- It is on.
- It is selected in the volume controls.
- The volume is on.
- It is plugged into the proper 1/8" jack.

Hopefully that covers all the stupid stuff that could go wrong.
did you test it?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Go to Start, hit Control Panel, and go to Sounds and Audio Devices. Once there, go to "Voice", and set Voice Recording to the name of your Microphone.

Test it at that same location for good measure.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by holden93
Go to Start, hit Control Panel, and go to Sounds and Audio Devices. Once there, go to "Voice", and set Voice Recording to the name of your Microphone.

Test it at that same location for good measure.

Well that's the problem. It doesn't even show up there. Just shows my sound card.

EDIT: OH SH*T! I didn't have my computer on! ... Crap, still didn't fix it.
Search the model number and brand on the net and see if you can find a driver to download. Other than that I can't help you.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.