Page 1 of 2
i first want to say that i usually never ask my friends to give me gas when i'm driving, but i have one friend who i think i should make an exception.

basically, one friend i have can't drive because he has seizures and i guess the way the law works is that you need to be "seizure free" for 3 months before you can drive. well, he gets them every so often so his parents revoked his license because they would be paying for all the car insurance and he'd probably never be able to drive that much. so, whenever i do stuff with him, i ALWAYS am the one driving and using up gas. it just gets so annoying that every time we do something, i have to drive. i mean, gas isn't exactly cheap anymore these days and he always gets a free ride. you may not think this is a big deal, but when you do this maybe 2-3 times a week for 2 years, you WILL become annoyed like i am. we usually like to go on bake drives (which take 30 minutes about) and that alone really burns up a lot of gas for me.

so basically, should i charge him money for gas? it's really come down to the point where i don't even really want to hang out with him anymore because i just feel like he leeches off of me. i won't ever charge my other friends because we all drive each other so it's actually fair, but is it fair that he gets a free ride from me all the time?
dont hang out with him.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I'm not reading all of that but...

yes.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
charge him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
yes...it's only fair
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Just say you don't want to sound like a dick, but if he's gonna keep taking lifts off you then can he help towards the petrol a bit.

I give my mate Marie petrol money now and then, cos it's only fair seeing as I can't drive myself (not for long though but I don't have a car to drive anyways)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Whenever friends are driving, I usually offer to pay for part of the gas/buy food so it evens out.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Charge him what would amount to the price of 3 gallons a week
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
ass grass or gas no one rides for free
thats how it has to be with gas prices the way they are now
Hell no. Drive him more often and hope he has a siezure. Epileptic sex ftw!!!!!!!!

Ya he should pony up some cash. If he gets mad at you for asking he's not much of a friend.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Gunpowder
Whenever friends are driving, I usually offer to pay for part of the gas/buy food so it evens out.

Right. I usually drive all my friends everywhere but never charge for gas, but in the event that I need to buy food and don't have enough money, or for whatever reason am in need of a little cash, I know I can always fall back on them for that since I never charge them for gas.
My friends and I frequently travel 2+ hours to go to concerts and the like and when we do, we split the cost of gas. Almost all of them have cars so for local stuff we just trade off who drives and the gas costs are pretty evenly spread.
I do have a friend who doesn't have access to a car, so I always drive when we do stuff. I figure it's worth the cost to do fun stuff with her and sometimes she buys me drinks or dinner to make up for it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Jackal58
Hell no. Drive him more often and hope he has a siezure. Epileptic sex ftw!!!!!!!!

Ya he should pony up some cash. If he gets mad at you for asking he's not much of a friend.

Dude, no...

but
i honestly don't know what he's going to do next year. all the people who can give him rides (like me) will all be going off to college.

how he hopes to get around, i have no idea. a bike maybe...
If he lives on the way, no you shouldn't ask him for gas money.

If it's out of your way to get him, yeah you should ask.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
No way, it's your friend! I mean, he can't drive, so he's kind of dependent on you.

But if're really that annoyed by it, just talk to him and maybe you can figure out some way for him to do you a favor instead of just giving you money.
Quote by Jackal58

Something only the pit is capeable of!

Confront him dude.
Quote by DayTripper1967
exactly, that's what i don't want.

well, see it from his point of view, he's probably not confortable with the situation either, but he doens't have a choice. -> Talk to him about it (in a non-gay way.. )!
if it's that frequent then yes.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I give my friends as money, so I say yeah charge him.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I used to give some of my friends alot of lifts (like 3-4 times a week at least), I never charged them for petrol, but they normally ended up contributing somehow (if we were going out to the pub theyd normally end up buying me Cokes lol, or food etc). But if they hadnt have voluntarily done that, I probably would have hinted towards the suggestion they pay a bit, or if they didnt catch on then politely ask them so it doesnt seem like you're demanding it but they realise its only fair.

So yes, but dont straight out say 'oi gimme money for gas' lol because thats the way arguements begin.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Make him pay for a macdonalds meal or sommat... I always get my mate a dinner when he drives me somewhere.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by russiaininvader
would you charge your friends for food if they came over for dinner?

that's not the same thing.

taking what you said as an example, he's always coming to have dinner and eat my food, but i'm not eating any of his food.
The way I see it, if you're going somewhere you were going to go anyway, then you shouldn't charge, by all means call it a favour and hope that the favour will be returned somehow in the future, but if you are going out of your way for someone else's gain, then they should pay.
if you call him to go out---you pay
he calls you to go out---he pays
mutually decide to go out---split bill

/thread
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
well the guy suffers from seizures and hes your best friend shouldnt that be enough? It's not like he has the ability to drive and chooses to just get free rides from you...I probably dont understand your situation 100 percent but thats i think
Quote by Gunpowder

This.

It's an unwritten law.
Hell yes, he should pay for gas. It's not like friends have ever had to sacrifice things or do favors for other friends. You'd be setting a dangerous precedent.

<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by devin-canada
if you call him to go out---you pay
he calls you to go out---he pays
mutually decide to go out---split bill

/thread

this
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Just ask if he can help with gas. I give my friend about $5 every once in a while when he gets gas because I'm usually ALWAYS with him and he drives me places.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
when you go on a burn cruise just let him smoke you up instead of having to throw money.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Make him split the difference if you're both going somewhere and you were going there anyways, but if you're just driving him around or you're low on gas or something, get him to throw 30 bucks in or something.
Page 1 of 2