hey, i just got a pearloid pickguard for my p-bass and it is gonna look sweet but my question is: on my old pickguard there is a piece of silver looking tape, which i think is like a metal tape. do i need this on my new guard because there isnt any there now and dont wanna screw anything up
Quote by Swat Man
if you get an MG you support terrorism
on the inside where the pots and input jack are
Quote by Swat Man
yea i think thats what its called, but unfortunately i just tried lining the new pickguard up, and it doesnt fit
Quote by Swat Man
it was a replacement, doesnt fit around the pickups and then a bunch of the holes dont line up..im bummed becasue this was supposed to be a genuine fender replacement, but im thinking it might have to do something with the fact mines a squire p. at least the music store is close to my house for the return
Quote by Swat Man
Squire and fender are pretty much 2 completely different companies. Squire is owned by fender but thats about as far as it goes. The squire is made to metric measurements, the fender to imperial. So pickguards wont fit each other. And there are several different screw patterns used on fenders over the years to further complicate things.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jul 6, 2008,