Now, I was originally going to get the Line 6 Toneport (UX2), but I've been hearing problems with it. So I went to GC today to see what they had to offer, and the guy gave me an M-Audio Pro Tools thingy, which is about $300. Now, he never said if it had drum tracks in it (I didn't think to ask, either)...Basically, what do you guys think is a good beginner/intermediate recording hardware? I've never had recording stuff before, so that's why I say beginner. My budget's around $2-300, and I have a Mac OSX 10.3.9 OS.

Thanks of course in advance
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
so do you already have the pro tools?

well just get a simple interface, like a m-audio fastrack and a decent condenser mic.. like a sm58 or a MXL 990, a mixer isnt really nessecary unless your recording multiple mics..
but this set-up will cost you maybe 200-250, if you want you could go one up from the fastrack and get the fastrack pro.. with multiple inputs for midi and mics. but thats like an extra hundred. as for programs and great free one is audacity its very simple and perfect for beginers. pro tools may be a little to complicated to start off with. for reviews and stuff you could also get better answers in the riffs and recordings forum
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Alright, sweet, I'll check the recordings thread in a sec (totally forgot about it, haha) but one last question; if I were to get the M-Audio, would I have to get a mic? Couldn't I just plug directly into the hardware, kinda like the Toneport? Also (sorry) the M-Audio one I was talking about is the Firewire 410 one, if that makes any diff.

Thanks
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Alright, sweet, I'll check the recordings thread in a sec (totally forgot about it, haha) but one last question; if I were to get the M-Audio, would I have to get a mic? Couldn't I just plug directly into the hardware, kinda like the Toneport? Also (sorry) the M-Audio one I was talking about is the Firewire 410 one, if that makes any diff.

Thanks

the firewire 410 one looks like it can take direct in and mic inputs.. and it has multiple inputs. i think that one looks like a great interface bc you cann record DI but if you want to step-up you can get a mic, then another one to record at the same time.
and when you do record multiple tracks, since its firewire they will be seperate tracks on the computer so you can adjust them after you record them. which is a great plus.

if thats in your budget with a mic.. i would go for it
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA