Well, earlier today I was playing on one of the clean channels on my Vox AD15VT. Out of nowhere the amp switches to distortion and back again to clean really quick. My first thought was my amp just blew something but I started playing again and it sounded just fine.
After a couple minutes it did it again. So I had a sudden spark of genius, my Boss DS-1 must be doing this. I turned it on, and sure enough I heard the exact same amount of distortion come out of it as I had heard during the little buzz. It sounded like my pedal had turned itself on and off REALLY fast.
So I played until it happened again, but the 'Check' LED that tells you if the pedal is on or off didn't flash or anything.

My rig is:
Epiphone SG---(good cable)--->Boss DS-1---(crap cable)--->Vox AD15VT (tweed 4x10 channel)

help?
Why is it doing this/how can I fix it short of not using the pedal anymore?
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
get a better cable from the DS-1 to Amp if it still happens then get new pedal
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Well I'd rather take the pedal apart and fix whatever electrical connections are bad myself.
Does anybody know if its a True bypass?

pics can be arranged.

also, if this is the wrong forum, tell me before you report it so i don't have to type all this back up...
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly

[/rant]

+1
do you use batteries? If so, change them.
I plays guitars.
nope, i use a power cable.....
Quote by tjhome28
and badly

[/rant]

+1
again, i think checking the cables is the easiest first step.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Xaveir
nope, i use a power cable.....

You might need a new pedal. Good thing DS-1s are cheap.
I plays guitars.
Last edited by 2003LP at Jul 6, 2008,