Page 1 of 2
Ive been playing for about 4 years now and I don't feel like Ive gotten any better. I suck tremendously at learning by ear, I can't even figure out heartbreaker
Yes.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
it would be for the better of all of us
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
No, I'm at a similar place, but you just need to stay determined and you'll get better.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
carry on, keep on practising, you will become good after a while
Drum drum drum away!
No. What you should do:

1. Practice harder and play slowly, then fast, when you get it.
2. Fap
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!!!!
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Try to learn stuff you normally wouldn't. Leap into other genres. HAVE FUN. Jam with buddies. Start a band. Write music. Put **** up on Youtube. HAAAAAAVE FUN MAN. It's worth it.
Quit and give me all your gear.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Quote by Royal Celebi
If you don't enjoy something, why continue it?

+1

Its like making a ham sandwich, with fake ham.
Nathy
Nah, guitar gets the ladies naked.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Yes.

Just kiddin man. If you like playin guitar, it doesn't matter how good you are.If you like it, keep it up. I've been playin for 4 years too and I can't play shi* by ear.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
it's not like you can just quit guitar, just play less.. if you pick up your guitar once a year.. then you still haven't quit.. i hate how people put names on things like that
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
If you want to learn something, get a teacher. If you don't want to go to the trouble, then don't bother.
no man keep trying start with with something easier like smoke on the water
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
if you dont like it quit aint no since doing something you hate, if you like it learn to read tab I cant play by ear either but I can learn a song by tab and tell if I need to make changes to it or not
Quote by Assface137
No. What you should do:

1. Practice harder and play slowly, then fast, when you get it.
2. Fap
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!!!!

Hahahaha win!
I like playing, I just don't know why I should If i dont get better... Its not that I cant play heartbreaker, its just that I can't learn it by ear, and most other people i know that play guitar could learn stuff by ear within their first couple years... it pisses me off >
Quitters don't rock. literally.
Keep on playing or else you'll turn into gay.
I plays guitars.
if you enjoy playing guitar why would you quit? fair enough if you dont enjoy it but if you still enjoy you should carry on regardless of how good at it you are
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by coconuthead111
I like playing, I just don't know why I should If i dont get better... Its not that I cant play heartbreaker, its just that I can't learn it by ear, and most other people i know that play guitar could learn stuff by ear within their first couple years... it pisses me off >

If you enjoy it play it. Nobody is as good as they want to be. Don't let it depress you. Allow that to motivate you. And there are tons of people that can never play by ear. That's why god invented tablature.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I think if you enjoy it, keep it up, if you dont ejoy it, **** it, just quit
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
learning to play by ear is as much fun as learning to play any other part of the guitar. You can't do it automatically, you actually have to try. And everyone can differentiate between two wavelengths of light. You can tell red from blue from magenta etc. and our brains are flawless therefore everyone should be able to differentiate two wavelengths of sound (and we can) ... but it takes practice. You probably don't pay attention to sounds everyday unlike light (for some weird reason) so you actually have to learn. If you really enjoy learning music etc. learning by ear is the way to go!
Quote by Jackal58
If you enjoy it play it. Nobody is as good as they want to be. Don't let it depress you. Allow that to motivate you. And there are tons of people that can never play by ear. That's why god invented tablature.

+infinty
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOOON, THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DOOONE

LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REEEEEEEEST... DON'T YOU CRY NO MOOOORE

*guitar solo*

But seriously, carry on.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Don't be a quitter!

I've been smoking for 4 years, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Don't worry to much about it m8, ive had moments when ive thought that i sucked hard...but a few days later after some practice i somehow imrpoved. Dont quit man.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
don't give up right away, you have to try m8, it sounds like you give up alot aka if you cant play one song you quit, and that gets you no where. you need to think "i can be better than anyone once i actually try my best". dude, it happened to me, now i can play all sorts of **** on bass
Last edited by bassbrotha at Jul 6, 2008,
you cant tab out heartbreaker by ear huh? well i dont see much hope for you
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Last edited by devin-canada at Aug 19, 2015,
Quote by untalented
learning to play by ear is as much fun as learning to play any other part of the guitar. You can't do it automatically, you actually have to try. And everyone can differentiate between two wavelengths of light. You can tell red from blue from magenta etc. and our brains are flawless therefore everyone should be able to differentiate two wavelengths of sound (and we can) ... but it takes practice. You probably don't pay attention to sounds everyday unlike light (for some weird reason) so you actually have to learn. If you really enjoy learning music etc. learning by ear is the way to go!

dude toallaly agreeing with you man
Quote by devin-canada
you cant tab out heartbreaker by ear huh? well i dont see much hope for you
thanks for wasting our time you 11 year old twat

Well if he is 11 I'm sure he'll grow out of it. You have apparently grown into it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 you just OWNED that guy.

You win, sir
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Um, if you quit how will you learn by ear? It's not a magical overnight thing, some people have better hearing abilities than others, just keep playing and I think it should come naturally.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Change style? What do you play? I earlier played a lot of electric, hardrock and stuff. Started to listening to Bob Dylan, Johnny Thunders etc and now I'm more into playing acoustic and writing my own songs. Maybe this is something you need to do? Try out other styles etc.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
aahhh! thread came back to haunt me
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Quote by Crazymike100
Don't be a quitter!

I've been smoking for 4 years, and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon!

this
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Page 1 of 2