I'm going to be making a custom pickguard for my strat.

Here is my plan:
I have some 1/16 inch and some 1/32 inch lexan.
Want I want to do is print of a drawing (M.C. Escher type stuff) on some sticky back paper. Lay some clear contact paper over it (so the glue doesn't mess up the ink). Stick that to one of the of the pieces of lexan, then glue (the place I got the lexan at specializes in plastic) the other piece on top of that.

I though it maybe printing the image in reverse on the clear contact paper, then sticking that on the underside of one piece and just using that, but worry that after time the glue on the paper will loosen up.

Anyone have any better Ideas?

Thanks
r u going to sandwhich it between two pieces?

Sounds like a good idea,

That's similar to how I make my guards, I have some nice double sided adhesive that works well
Last edited by muikoma at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by muikoma
r u going to sandwhich it between to pieces?

Sounds like a good idea,

That's similar to how I make my guards, I have some nice double sided adhesive that works well

Yeah..kinda like this:

--------------------- Lexan Piece
--------------------- Glue (or something)
--------------------- Clear Contact paper
--------------------- Image printed on sticky back paper
--------------------- Lexan Piece

Double sided adhesive sounds like a good idea. How does it work long term though?
And do you basically stick a sheet of it on each lexan (or whatever plastic you use), then stick it all together?
i print the pic, then add the adhesive to the paper, then add the paper/adhesive to the back (underneath) of acrylic, then I spray the back of the paper with acrylic spray to seal it on.

Your way should work, just have to worry about the glue drying clear

Also I have special adhesive, as far as I know you cant buy it in small amounts
The place I bought my plastic from says they have a glue that dries clear. So no worries there (as long as they aren't full of s*it).

And I must say, your pickguards look AWESOME!!!!!
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 7, 2008,